Forty Six Years Ago Today

Redbow

The Wife and I entered into holy matrimony. She has to be a good woman to put up with me for so many years and she is a good woman. My Wife is the outdoor type she loves to fish and will bait her own hook with worms or whatever. She will get down and dirty with pulling a shrimp net, wading the river or most any outdoor activity. She is good with a gun, rifle, shotgun, and shoots a handgun better than I do but she never would go hunting with me. I knew soon after we met that she was a keeper and she is a good cook as well. We hope to make it to our 50th wedding anniversary but only the good Lord knows if we will.

Thank you baby for the good years we have spent together for a long time now.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
The Wife and I entered into holy matrimony. She has to be a good woman to put up with me for so many years and she is a good woman. My Wife is the outdoor type she loves to fish and will bait her own hook with worms or whatever. She will get down and dirty with pulling a shrimp net, wading the river or most any outdoor activity. She is good with a gun, rifle, shotgun, and shoots a handgun better than I do but she never would go hunting with me. I knew soon after we met that she was a keeper and she is a good cook as well. We hope to make it to our 50th wedding anniversary but only the good Lord knows if we will.

Thank you baby for the good years we have spent together for a long time now.
Congratulations to you both!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Congrats to you both, but mostly to her, for puttin' up with you!

Truly a testament to oath, respect, compassion and tolerance.

Redbow

When my Wife and I first met thru friends of ours we got together on a Saturday and I asked if she would like to go fishing. I said I don't have a boat right now but we could ride over to Lynches River and fish from the bank. She told me she loved to fish. I had an old pickup a '65 Chevy at the time so we loaded up a couple of fishing poles and on the way to the river I stopped at an old country store and bought a cup of fishing worms.

I picked out a good spot for fishing, the river was down a bit but it looked like a good place to fish. So I baited up her hook then mine. We let the bait down into the swiftly running water and something shortly took her bait. She waited just a bit too long to snag the fish before it got her bait so I grabbed another fishing worm for her then she looked at me and said. I know how to fish and I can bait my own hook, I am not afraid of the worms.

I knew right then and there that this girl was well worth the effort in beginning a relationship with and I was right. We caught a few fish that day which we threw back and even ran up on a Snake on the way back to the truck when we finished our fishing adventure. She looked at the Snake there on the river bank and said, that one ain't gonna hurt you and I am not scared of Snakes like some people are. We left the Snake to enjoy his time sunning on the banks of the river and went on our way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to y'all, and I hope you have many more happy years! :cheers: