Found this great post about hunters it's so true

270 guy

Banned
This describes the problems with hunters today. Michael Waddell made the post on another web site it's so true. Look at the numbers of PETA members compared to hunters.

"Post that make me worry!
I just saw a post in a thread that really concerned me.
Since the new show Bone Collector hit air there have been an outpouring of comments on the shows name. Some comment that Bone Collector is over the top and just for mancho man rednecks, while most understand that this is not at all the meaning of a hunter or a Bone Collector. A bone Collector is merely a hunter that is proud to admit it, and stands behind the God given desire and right to do so.. As the motto goes.. The Culture I stand far is sometimes lost in todays society, when society itself was born on the culture of the hunter. A hunter is more than a predator, he is a provider, a care taker, a leader.. I will never make excuses for who I am, it was the way I was born. Im a hunter, a bone collector..!
A recent post was made that stated, we should not bring anymore attention on hunting, because it could one day go to the public to vote on whether we can or cannot hunt one day. The same guy made the comment that dog fighting, cock fighting and other things have been shut down with more exposure coming to them.
How ignorant to think this way. First off, we are not dog fighters or cock fighters, we are talking about hunting here! He worries about PETA in his blog!!?
Lets keep this simple.....PETA has 2 million members, while hunting licenses sales are now over 12 million in the US alone, with over 10 million more people who said they hunted one or more days last year by a last years study. It is important to take notice that over 22 million, men, women and children are hunting in America alone., which is way more than the number of PETA members.
We have to continue to celebrate the hunt in the most honest way we can... The same way that sparked our interest in getting us addicted and to be activist for the hunting lifestyle. Luke warm will get you burned, and insecurities will only bring less security to our lifestyle! Its time to play offense instead of defense. To stand proud and talk about our contributions as well as the tags we filled! We cannot take our opportunity to hunt for granted and just sit defensively on the sidelines waiting on animal activist to grow in number as they speak loud and proud with the most ridiculous campaigns and spokespeople in the universe making our worst show and worst hunting spokesperson look better than Larry Bird shooting 3 point shots from 4 feet on 10 year olds. We have to grow the number of hunters, which BTY have been on the decline for the last several years.
Outdoor Television shows and networks are there for each and everyone of us, not only to entertain but to educate and help better understand the truths behind our culture. Every show and every personality has room for improvement, including myself. There is no way one show, host or one brand is going to be for everyone, or for everyone to act or conduct themselves in the woods the same. No matter if your a bowhunter, rifle hunter, crossbow hunter, deer hunter, hog hunter, still hunter or dog hunter, we all hunt different from time to time but all for the same spiritual connection with the wild and depending on what your state laws dictate it perfectly legal to partake in what ever your DNR writes down in thier rules and reg's. Ethics and representation are to be dished out differently by the personalities who go by these rule books. To me if your a hunter, your a hunter! We have to stick together and meet in the middle with our personal views and passions when it comes to hunting in general, and try to all better promote a declining culture.
I define Mancho man by the people who seem to already know everything there is about hunting and only go into hunting chats to dish out hate and better highlight there own jealousy and pettiness while dictating the way, what and how we should hunt based on their shallow knowledge of the real reason we go to the field in the first place. Im sure more than watching hunting shows, PETA gets more kicks on some of the forums than anywhere else seeing just how we bash each other. Lets be constructive, not stupid!
Please help in promoting and protecting this right before its to late!
Never make excuses for hunting!
Thanks to archerytalk for giving us all a place to go to get advice and post our opinions, I have learned so much from the people who post here. To all you guys getting your gear ready to go afield or maybe shoot in a tourney.. Best of luck and shoot straight. I would also like to thank each and every person that has tuned into Bone Collector TV on Outdoor Channel and supported our sponsors. Your comments are appreciated and listened to. All my best,
Michael Waddell"

BIGHORN26

Bump!!!! This should stay at the top of the page... Unfortunately there are a fee people on here that should read this!!

doe shooter

I agree! Hunters and fishermen/women must take the offensive. Not only in talking with politicians, but in purchasing licenses, following the law, etc. Whether we hunt on public land or not or whether we duck hunt or not, we should be purchasing the state and federal stamps and licenses. Why? Money talks in Atlanta and Washington. As long as sportsman are carrying the financial load for wildlife and public lands, we will continue to have the voice with politicians.

HermanMerman

And with this, Bone Collector can expect a spike in sales to end the quarter.

He is laughing all the way to the bank.

egomaniac247

Count me in as one who does not like hunting shows....at least the hunting shows I see on tv these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against showing impact shots or blood trails. What bothers me is when these guys are all whooping & hollering, yanking the deers neck around on tv and generally having no respect for the animal they just shot.

Maybe I'm just different...when I shoot something, I prefer to keep things silent and humble. I know it's not everyone's thing but I always silently thank the animal and God for the bounty and commit to not let anything go to waste. Now of course when I shoot a big buck, I'm nervous/excited and can't wait to tell people....but not in front of a camera.

I'm sure these hunters on tv don't let anything go to waste either, I just think they give hunting a bad name when they act like fools after a shot.

270 guy

Banned
And with this, Bone Collector can expect a spike in sales to end the quarter.

He is laughing all the way to the bank.

:rofl:Not if he's counting on me for sales. I don't buy the latest and greatest. I buy what's the cheapest that will last the longest. Deer don't know the difference in camo patterns.;)

huntaholic

I am with you Ekim22

Dont like most hunting shows, an dont like bone or the durry boys. I am a hunter i like to be in the woods with myself an the animals, i say prayer to start every hunt an its not for a big deer. Killed my biggest deer ever with my bow when i said a prayer for my wife had just got her home after 13 months of sickness ::; I thank GOD for the woods everytime i go ! :D

haskell

Remember the opening scene, "Elk Hunt", from the Last of the Mohicans? If not, you may want to rent the movie.

Gentleman4561

Amen brotha!