Franklin’s gun racks

treemanjohn

Banned
If you can 10% on a firearm you're doing good. I did a transfer for a man who bought a Browning gold hunter. I was checking out his in voice and buds guns made $11.

Horns

If you get WMOQ, you must not be far from me. You want to go eat something or go fishing, ? shoot me a PM. We've both been on GON for a while and never met. And... Thanks for the info.?
Sure thing. I have a Monroe address but live around the 911 center

Horns

If you can 10% on a firearm you're doing good. I did a transfer for a man who bought a Browning gold hunter. I was checking out his in voice and buds guns made $11.
Man. That wasn’t hardly worth messing with for Bud’s

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I was there last week.
Basically the exact same used guns with ridiculous prices that I looked at 10 years ago. I did buy some targets and cleaning supplies though.
I'll gladly spend a tad more to support local businesses but if their prices arent at least somewhat reasonable.... on line I go.
If you can find one that has a clue what parts you want. But eBay.
Today I’m stocked. One shot eBay.0165FE36-AFE9-440F-AA6B-68548F612351.jpeg3C4303E5-CE5B-48B7-B9D2-FEFD784A3901.jpeg

furtaker

Their prices are high, but I think they expect you to negotiate. I've bought two guns there where I named a reasonable price and they agreed to it. I didn't try to low ball them, just gave a number I was willing to pay.
Yep. They will come down on the prices and I've gotten some pretty good deals on guns there. Big box retailers like Academy are hurting the little man badly.

They don't have nearly the inventory they once had though. It seems that people are holding on to their quality older used guns these days.

Big7

The Oracle
Sure thing. I have a Monroe address but live around the 911 center
Come to my crib sometime. Let's grill something and talk a little if you want to. I'm a stone's throw from the Wendy's burger joint. Near the Tichenor(sp) governor's mansion and The A.L. Williams estate mansion is about 10 doors from mine. Real easy to find.

We would be happy to have y'all.?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
THis was my experience probably 20 years ago. I haven't been back

HughW2

Yep. They will come down on the prices and I've gotten some pretty good deals on guns there. Big box retailers like Academy are hurting the little man badly.

They don't have nearly the inventory they once had though. It seems that people are holding on to their quality older used guns these days.

Absolutely people are holding on to their quality used guns. The used guns are much higher quality than current production guns. Which would you rather buy: a 1970-1980 era Remington Model 700 or a current production Savage, Ruger American. Quality used guns are much more appealing. Maybe I have an aversion to plastic stocks and parts.

Last edited:

biggdogg

I buy the majority of my new guns online nowadays. Mainly because I have an AR-15 and have no need for another. I like old fashioned wood stocked rifles and revolvers. The local gun stores around me pretty much only carry AR's and plastic semi-auto hand guns anymore. Most of the rifles they carry are the basic, entry level plastic stocked rifles that I have no interest in. I wouldn't mind tossing an extra $25-50 to support a local business, but for them to order the firearms I'm looking to buy, it usually ends up $150-200 more than what I pay when I just order myself.

Souhternhunter17

Franklin's was a staple of my childhood growing up about 10 minutes from there. Always have loved that store. My dad has bought who knows how many guns from them. The majority of my guns my dad bought me while I was younger that I still have to this day were bought there. Yes, the price tags are a little high- but the bargaining is what makes buying from local gun stores fun. You don't get to bargain at chain outdoor retailers... If I had a dime for every time my dad picked up a gun there and said "man this is sweet, let me see what they'll do on it" I would be a rich man. lol

Red dirt clod

Traded a lot there in the 70s & 80s, was an event to go to Franklins. Clarence took me his private room once to show me his high dollar stuff. Parker’s, L.C Smith’s and English guns that I wasn’t familiar with. Haven’t been in years, moved from the area.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
The fishing business is going completely online!
It gets old driving to stores to find out they don’t have what you want and most the times when I buy I spend $50+ so I get free shipping!
Even if I have to pay shipping it’s not over $10 so it saves me to order online!
I love going to Academy but they usually don’t have what I’m looking for!

chase870

Possum Sox
Their attitude towards customers killed their sales or at least hurt it. About every 12 to 15 months or so I stop by just to see if there has been a improvement. One of the last times I was in there, they caused me to go into another small store and spend 225.00 on turkey hunting stuff I didn't need. Store clerk asked me if he could help when I walked in and my answer was " Can you treat me bad and tell me my moneys no good" his answer was "sorry you have to go to Franklins for that"