Fried Crispy Cajun Catfish Nuggets

Cmp1

BANNED
Those look great!

I'm exactly the opposite with the wild vs farmed catfish, though. I think the wild ones taste about 100x better. And I love some Zatarains!
Used to hit a place in S MI that had all you can eat,catfish,perch,cod and walleye,,,,peanut oil, probably the best fried fish I've ever had,,,,if you wanted the walleye (which I did) had to get there early,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Used to hit a place in S MI that had all you can eat,catfish,perch,cod and walleye,,,,peanut oil, probably the best fried fish I've ever had,,,,if you wanted the walleye (which I did) had to get there early,,,,
How do they legally sell gamefish like walleye in restaurants? That would be highly illegal here. Or do they have some stipulation for farm raising them there like they do rainbow trout here?

little rascal

How do they legally sell gamefish like walleye in restaurants?

I used to see bream "big bluegill" for sale in the markets and Grocery stores. I reckon they are farm raised and legal through biz license etc.

I ain't crazy about some of those Catfish Nuggets, some of them are the belly flaps and have the dark spots and can be gamey. Some are more white and good. I'm thinking about brining and smoking a bag of them i bought the other day, it was a brand I have never seen before.

Attachments

• 4089D4D4-1B63-4780-AB36-FB43B6A7C559.jpeg
    4089D4D4-1B63-4780-AB36-FB43B6A7C559.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 3

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Catfish again! :bounce: I know it seems like I only eat, and post about catfish in here, but these were perfect. They weren't too spicy, and not overly crispy. They were just right. Didn't even need to dip them in ketchup or hot sauce, they were so tasty.

Fried Crispy Cajun Catfish Nuggets
Fried Homemade Seasoned Taters
Slices Of Sweet Onion
Sweat Tea
Don't need anything else if you want to stuff yourself on catfish. Like I do. :bounce:

glrz0JH.jpg

d48cFmr.jpg

K6dfgoW.jpg

TT2cSSe.jpg

You post up all the great catfish pics you want! It looks awesome!!!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I used to see bream "big bluegill" for sale in the markets and Grocery stores. I reckon they are farm raised and legal through biz license etc.

I ain't crazy about some of those Catfish Nuggets, some of them are the belly flaps and have the dark spots and can be gamey. Some are more white and good. I'm thinking about brining and smoking a bag of them i bought the other day, it was a brand I have never seen before.
I've seen that bag of catfish in my stores, but never tried them. The ones I get are refrigerated then displayed on ice. I at least can see what I'm buying when I get them.

Kdog

How do they legally sell gamefish like walleye in restaurants? That would be highly illegal here. Or do they have some stipulation for farm raising them there like they do rainbow trout here?

There are several all you can eat places up north that have walleye. There are two places in MI not far from my brother that have it 3 nights a week and they alternate nights so they do not compete with each other on Walleye night.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There are several all you can eat places up north that have walleye. There are two places in MI not far from my brother that have it 3 nights a week and they alternate nights so they do not compete with each other on Walleye night.
I did a little research, and apparently, Canada allows commercial fishing and sale for walleye, but the US doesn't. So those walleye up there in the restaurants come from Canada, I guess.

Latest posts