Ga raising the standard deduction

ucfireman

Saw in the news paper today Ga has legislation to increase the standard deduction effectively lowering taxes.
While I'm all for lower taxes, I would rather them take the excesses and BUY LAND FOR WMAs.

I know there is always the argument on here we don't need more public land.

Here is my take. The folks wanting to sell their land will sell. Either to a developer or anther person who leases it or manages it for what they see fit. It doesn't matter usually to the seller, They want the highest price and don't really care otherwise. Even if they do sell to someone who wants it for recreation it usually gets broken up into smaller and smaller tracts that are not as good for wildlife.

And before everyone's panties get wadded up, yes I know there are the rare individuals that care about the future of their property but most don't.

I know Ga is (or was) buying up huge tracts for "Economic development opportunities" all over the state, especially south along I 16 and I 75 north and south

I would rather see those lands used for WMA and public use instead of being sold for pennies on the dollar or worse given to companies that promise to bring jobs. Bringing houses and more development that means more land lost for outdoor use.

Fletch_W

Banned
It's a slippery slope. Someone on the other side of the aisle might be prompted to say something like "hunting and fishing licenses should cost a hundred dollars so they can pay for all DNR operations because they are the only people that use them".