Blatant Shop Lifting Now in South Ga?

K80Shooter

Home Depot is the same way. They just stand by and watch if someone is walking out with something.

I'm so glad that I don't own a store or do business with the public today. I would be either getting sued or going to jail but, they wouldn't walk out with my stuff.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine's wife used to be a regional manager for DG, over several stores. She like to went crazy trying to keep that mess straightened out. Couldn't find decent people to work, caught several employees who were actually complicit in schemes with all their friends to come in and steal stuff from the stores.

tr21

this will all come to a screaming stop in 2025 !

I might just have to come out of retirement and get a job as a security guard in the ATL !!! :rockon: :rockon: might have to start a security business....

oldfella1962

Target and Cracker Barrel have announced they are leaving Portland Or due to theft. We will see more of this across the country with the mob robbery
Not busting on Cracker Barrel but putting all your merchandise right next to the exit door might not be a smart play in 2023. :unsure: Granted I am not a "theft prevention" expert.

transfixer

Lowe's is like that. Only their Loss Prevention person is allowed to call 911 when a theft is occurring. At least that's how it was at the one in Austell. They told me all kinds of stories of people just walking in and taking stuff like chainsaws and hand tools. The Old Navy in the same shopping center before they closed it down also had a no prosecution policy. And people knew it. They would drive there from many miles away and just walk out with entire shopping carts full of clothes.

That whole area over there is a lost cause ! any business around there that sells merchandise is taking a huge risk of theft, and if they were to press charges I seriously doubt the Cobb DA's office would pursue it, Cobb county is now what Fulton county was 40yrs ago, and its only going to get worse , for the longest time they kept Marta out of Cobb, then they decided to start their own bus service, and connect with Marta, might as well have let Marta come in, same result

oldfella1962

A friend of mine's wife used to be a regional manager for DG, over several stores. She like to went crazy trying to keep that mess straightened out. Couldn't find decent people to work, caught several employees who were actually complicit in schemes with all their friends to come in and steal stuff from the stores.
Yes I saw employees being complicit when I was stationed in Korea. Most employees at the PX and other military stores were Korean - they would help Korean military dependents (wives of military members) steal all the time. Quite often civilian Koreans who weren't allowed in the store in the first place (you only showed your military ID when you were at the checkout line) would steal. It was a madhouse of theft!

Toliver

This is one of the reasons people shop online and have it delivered to the door.Don,t have to deal with no DG drama or the people in the store.Employees,customers,or thieves.
Yep. No tiktok pranksters, no thieves, no drama, no traffick, no general public, no rude employees, and all the other things that go with being out in public.

Not many things I like about the internet but being able to stay at home and not need to go to stores is one of them.

Oldstick

It ain't the big city.

It's the demographic, I know that and I didn't even see what you saw.

Tell me I'm wrong. :LOL:
Well I can't say for sure. He did not look like the demographic you might be expecting me to say. Either white or possibly of Latino origin, but I could not swear to either one if asked to testify in court. The store's responsibility on that as I assume they have video footage if they are really concerned.

All I know is how I was raised and taught right from wrong.

Reactions: Dub

LTZ25

You gotta nip in the bud !!!!! Nothing happens to the thieves when they a caught and they know it , most all of them that are stealing already get illegal goverment assistance . Politicians have sold out of way of life to get block votes to stay in office so they can get a taste of every government
dollar spent .

Latest posts