?Garmin Tranducers?

hopper

I have a Garmin 93sv plus unit that came with the gt52 transducer. I just bought another boat a 1436 jon boat for river and electric only waters and want to use that same Garmin on both my boats. I was thinking of just buying another gt52 transducer and mounting it to the jon boat but everywhere is back ordered. I did see the new gt56uhd transducer in stock but $100 more. Or I could say the heck with it and get the panoptix for $1400 and use it portable on both boats with no standard transducer on the jon boat for know.
Since I just purchased the Jon I may want to wait a minute on the panoptix or my wife may think I have a problem ?
What would you do.

Ajohnson0587

I have a Garmin 93sv plus unit that came with the gt52 transducer. I just bought another boat a 1436 jon boat for river and electric only waters and want to use that same Garmin on both my boats. I was thinking of just buying another gt52 transducer and mounting it to the jon boat but everywhere is back ordered. I did see the new gt56uhd transducer in stock but $100 more. Or I could say the heck with it and get the panoptix for $1400 and use it portable on both boats with no standard transducer on the jon boat for know.
Since I just purchased the Jon I may want to wait a minute on the panoptix or my wife may think I have a problem ?
What would you do.
I'd buy the Panoptix and say. "What to you mean $1,400 is missing from the Checking account? What did you buy? Of course I Didn't spend $1,400 without telling you, I'm not crazy!"

hopper

Anyone using only the panoptix without a standard transducer?
I'd buy the Panoptix and say. "What to you mean $1,400 is missing from the Checking account? What did you buy? Of course I Didn't spend $1,400 without telling you, I'm not crazy!"
I already knew what the guy with $6000 of electronics on a Tracker165 was gonna say?
Definitely leaning towards the panoptix, I mean its gonna happen sooner or later.

Ajohnson0587

Anyone using only the panoptix without a standard transducer?

I already knew what the guy with $6000 of electronics on a Tracker165 was gonna say?
Definitely leaning towards the panoptix, I mean its gonna happen sooner or later.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I told myself, it being my first boat I wasn't gonna go buy a $50k bass boat. But, I'm slowly turning a $8k boat into a $25k boat in accessories alone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RamblinWreck

Your 93sv Plus unit does not support the freqs and advanced modes (UHD) of the GT56 transducer, so it would be a waste to run it on that head IMO. Better to seek a deal on a 93sv UHD (make sure it comes with the GT56, not the GT54) and sell that 93sv+ while you can. My $0.02 - its what I did.

Limbhanger2881

GT56 is bas *** but I would not go that route. For just one transducer i would go with the GT54. Then when I saved up i would buy live scope. I have 4 Garmins, GT56 and Livescope. I would prefer to use side imaging and cover more water to find brush, ledges etc vs just using the trolling motor with livescope.

JROESEL

Your 93sv Plus unit does not support the freqs and advanced modes (UHD) of the GT56 transducer, so it would be a waste to run it on that head IMO. Better to seek a deal on a 93sv UHD (make sure it comes with the GT56, not the GT54) and sell that 93sv+ while you can. My $0.02 - its what I did.

The garmin force comes with the uhd transducer in the foot of the trolling motor, it is running just fine with my 93sv plus, I just had to do a update through active captain, I spoke to garmin about this, so I don’t understand why the standard strap on uhd transducer wouldn’t work,

hopper

What makes the UHD that much better and does the side imaging improve over the 93sv echo?

RamblinWreck

Ganging up on me here, LOL.

All I can say is Echomap UHD 93sv with GT54UHD-GT looks way better than my old Echomap 93sv+ with CV52GT transducer. It isn't even close. This is in my opinion. FWIW YMMV. I don't have the old one anymore so I cannot post comparison pics, but I posted a lot of screen shots in my bream threads.

Garmin UHD SideVu rivals HB Mega SI - but doesn't quite beat it, no. So I went with a Garmin head that could do that.