**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Joe Batardi just posted that we may be in some kinda phase 5 trough and showed a map looks to be below avg temps here ??????

Only for a few days. By the weekend we will moderate back to normal temps for the season before another dive in Mid November.

Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody I told you that. :D

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Looking forward to next Spring.
Man would I love to get in on some chasing action like this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What do u think?! Our "Storm Chasing Masterpiece", this vid gives me goosebumps. Watch full vid on my Facebook. #TornadoHunters #Netflix pic.twitter.com/TU5wxAJjio</p>— Ricky Forbes (@ForbesRicky) October 16, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Good news boys. Of course I've already said this, but seeing Spann repeat it makes it official. :clap:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Looks like temperatures will generally remain below average across the Southeast US for the rest of October… pic.twitter.com/U1GMaWKSFt</p>— James Spann (@spann) October 16, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Only for a few days. By the weekend we will moderate back to normal temps for the season before another dive in Mid November.

Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody I told you that. :D

I thought this cool down was supposed to happen this weekend? Dang. A few days to early. Sure feels good though

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Freezy here this morning.

Saw this in the local forecast:

Wed
OCT 25
Rain/Snow Showers
45°30°

60%
NW 12 mph 74%

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Freezy here this morning.

Saw this in the local forecast:

Wed
OCT 25
Rain/Snow Showers
45°30°

60%
NW 12 mph 74%
I saw that potential on the GSF but that air mass is going to have to drop in just right for it to happen. So far it looks like moisture chasing the cold.

What's the earliest you can remember having snow in the fall up there in the hill country?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Monday afternoon through Tuesday will be a bad day to make outdoor plans, but the high temps on Wednesday will be superb. Looks like it could get bumpy late Tuesday from NE GA up into SC and NC.

Attachments

• precip tues 24.png
    precip tues 24.png
    450.1 KB · Views: 121
  • precip tues 24b.png
    precip tues 24b.png
    449.7 KB · Views: 120
  • temps wed 25.png
    temps wed 25.png
    641.1 KB · Views: 120

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I saw that potential on the GSF but that air mass is going to have to drop in just right for it to happen. So far it looks like moisture chasing the cold.

What's the earliest you can remember having snow in the fall up there in the hill country?

Accumulating snow, I've seen in October a very few times. Flurries/snow showers in September. We got 6" on Halloween a few years ago. Normally, early-mid November is when it starts. I read somewhere that there has been snow recorded every month of the year above 6000' in western NC.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Accumulating snow, I've seen in October a very few times. Flurries/snow showers in September. We got 6" on Halloween a few years ago. Normally, early-mid November is when it starts. I read somewhere that there has been snow recorded every month of the year above 6000' in western NC.

Well, if the cold air the CFS is showing for mid-November happens you could be on schedule. It's a nasty blast of arctic air gonna come pouring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.