**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Now mind you... all of this will not reach the ground, however... try and pace yourselves. LOL.

Attachments

• NAM_12Z.png
    NAM_12Z.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 292

RinggoldGa

sn10_024h.us_se.png

RinggoldGa

If freakin' Lagrange gets 10 inches of snow while I sit up here in NW high and dry (or just cold and wet) I'm going to file a complaint with management.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
This map is supposed to be more realistic as it takes into affect melting, evaporation...ect..

Attachments

• NAM_12Z_2_melting.png
    NAM_12Z_2_melting.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 286

RinggoldGa

I instantly saw my mistake and edited.

So the Euro says there's something. Candian says it too.

GFS says basically nothing. NAM blows up the world with heavy snow in that belt across the state.

Interesting that 48 hours out the models are still all over the map. Reminds me of why I wouldn't want the job of trying to make a forecast for a living.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Its's early December and I have to go see if I can find a plug to plug this baby in...

Attachments

• alarm.jpg
    alarm.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 271

malak05

If you compare last CMC and NAM it's on like Donkey Kong spitting images NAM just slightly south of CMC... IF and big IF the models all keep converging like this tomorrow alarm will he pressed I believe

DDD

Winter Weatherman
If you compare last CMC and NAM it's on like Donkey Kong spitting images NAM just slightly south of CMC... IF and big IF the models all keep converging like this tomorrow alarm will he pressed I believe

If the Canadian ends up scoring... I will be shocked. It scares me a little that the CMC and the NAM are starting to think alike.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I said in my original write up that I expected extremes. I did not however expect a lot of snow and i thought the NW would see the best chance for that.

Right now the extreme is right but the precip type and location is wrong.

Let's see how it plays out.

toyota4x4h

I saw a map showing snow in southwest texas and into mexico with this lol. Id bet money that's rare to have snow in southwest texas.
Edit--Big Bend Nat Park area

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Will the GFS cave? I know one thing, if the EURO comes in more in line with the NAM... I am in. I may push my chips all in... We are 60 hours away from when this would start...

Crazy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Some of us in the mountains might get a rare treat of (legally) deer hunting with snow on the ground.

I do it about every year. All it means is that you fall down and bust your butt a lot walking around the steep hillsides. :)

smokey30725

The no-snow dome over NW Georgia reminds me of the Jerry Reed song "She got the gold mine, I got the shaft."

Status
Not open for further replies.