GEORGIA 186 point stud from Harris county GEORGIA

ucfireman

Don't know, the price has dropped 7 mill in the last 2 years. You can look it up on farmsandland.com. Over 7500 acres.. biggest lot of land "for sale at this time" in the south east.

Ga has a 2.2 billion tax surplus this year and doesn't know what to do with the money.
44 million would barley put a dent in that amount and we could have a new "trophy" WMA. Could even afford to hire a few full time wardens and managers for the property.
I know the "we don't need any more Govt land" folks will chime in a minute.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Any idea why it’s being sold? Is that the property that’s fenced in?
The part that is for sale is the remaining parcel that has been a hunting club for years. I guess Moultrie boys still have it leased. Some of it has been sold. The family has had it up for sale for a few years now. Not sure where you come up with the high fence part. There is no high fence around this property nor any of the Callaway land that has been bought. There is a fence between a subdivision and some of the property to keep folks out but nothing is high fenced in.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ga has a 2.2 billion tax surplus this year and doesn't know what to do with the money.
44 million would barley put a dent in that amount and we could have a new "trophy" WMA. Could even afford to hire a few full time wardens and managers for the property.
Trophy hunting doesn’t help with “hunter opportunity”

Plus for $44 million they could buy a lot more land elsewhere than just 7,500 acres. That would be a whole lot of “hunter opportunity”

six

Not sure where you come up with the high fence part. There is no high fence around this property nor any of the Callaway land that has been bought. There is a fence between a subdivision and some of the property to keep folks out but nothing is high fenced in.
Correct. I live in that subdivision. I’m about 600 feet off Foxworthy’s property and there’s nothing between mine and his but trees. And like you said, there is a high fence on the other side of the lake that separates that property from the subdivision, but that’s it. I’ve seen some big deer here, but not quite the caliber he killed this week. Biggest I’ve seen in my back yard is a 160 class last year. The bigger bucks usually start showing up here around Halloween. Anybody that thinks those deer are enclosed by a high fence are mistaken. The genetics are here. Their advantage is money and management.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Correct. I live in that subdivision. I’m about 600 feet off Foxworthy’s property and there’s nothing between mine and his but trees. And like you said, there is a high fence on the other side of the lake that separates that property from the subdivision, but that’s it. I’ve seen some big deer here, but not quite the caliber he killed this week. Biggest I’ve seen in my back yard is a 160 class last year. The bigger bucks usually start showing up here around Halloween. Anybody that thinks those deer are enclosed by a high fence are mistaken. The genetics are here. Their advantage is money and management.
Well Six since we are that close we need to meet up sometime. I'm on the other side of the interstate from ya.:cheers:

six

Shoot me a pm anytime. Always good to meet a fellow outdoorsman.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
How many of yall remember back about 30 years ago when you could hunt does on Callaway or Pine Mountain for about $50 a day?
It was crazy back then. The deer numbers were off the chain. The lil airport area is a wide open area and the deer would be all over that place in the evening time. They had to do something to control the population.

Timberman

Beautiful buck and congrats to Tyler.

Whether or not people want to believe it there was a ton of time and effort that went in to killing that deer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgajacket

I don’t know why anybody would have a problem with you asking the government to use money they took from other people to buy more hunting property for you.