Cameras on my Georgia property and Illinois property are starting to "wake up" more and

rstallings1979

more as of the last week. Some new bucks are starting to show every couple of days and they appear to be getting bigger. No serious shooters yet on the Georgia farm that would make me lose sleep at night but I can tell we are getting closer to the possibility of the big boys being on their feet. There is a nice 9 that I may let one of my boys take a crack at if we can get on him but other than that the population looks good with about as many bucks bouncing around as does at the moment. They are young bucks but the ratios look close to even thank goodness.

Illinois looks to be pretty exciting this year. Corns already pretty much out around the property I hunt and after a three week lull of no bucks in front of my single camera up there the last few nights have flipped the other way. A nice 150 inch 11 is around that I probably would let pass and a young high racked 8 that would definitely get a pass. Both bucks are pretty deer but definitely young. Still looking for a big 11 that was bouncing around all summer. I hope his fall pattern doesn't take him elsewhere. He hasn't shown back up since losing his velvet. Long term weather forecasts are starting to look good with cool downs on the way.

I think this will be a good year if the weather cooperates. What is everyone else seeing? Good luck to everyone as well!!

Ace1313

I haven’t honed in on the bigger bucks yet. I have had a pile of does and small bucks here in GA. I have two decent 3 year olds on camera. They are getting cotton and peanuts out which tend to push more deer around.

I haven’t put a camera on my best spot yet. I’m just saving it for when I move the tripod in there.

Hunter922

Our cameras are cold. We have one P&Y down but our other bigger deer that we had on suburban cameras are shy right now.

Blackston

He rolled in tonight while I was a prayer meeting…. First daylight visit since velvet come off …. Probably won’t shoot but he better not come out in front of that LIL Blackston BOY3DD8E84B-DE6E-4978-AD69-851E0B734ADF.png

DynamicDennis

Checking mine tomorrow afternoon. Usually my bucks hit the neighbors pretty hard, because we are oak tree poor on the biggest portion of lease

Latest posts