getting 2nd opinion

vivizz

hello! we brought our dog last friday because of sudden limping and pain on his right front leg, they said that our dog had a ruptured ligament. our friend recommended that we get a second opinion from a vet that specializes in tplo surgery. hoping it is not something serious and does not need any surgery at all :(

ucfireman

I had a dog rupture a ligament once (per vet). Left him be and everything kind of worked out and no limp walking or running. Then after a year or two he started limping again .Assumed it was the same thing but it went away again. by the second time he was older and not running. Never seemed to cause him any harm or real pain.

vivizz

hello, im back again. sorry i've been busy this couple of days because my dog undergo a surgery. he's fine now and he's on his 3rd day of post surgery. i just got some question, well my dog is using a cone and i noticed that he is not comfortable with that. can you guys recommend any alternative? tho i saw this one sleeve on the internet. is it safe and effective? thanks

ucfireman

Ive never had a dog with a cone. I just kept and eye on them and would yell at them for licking or chewing.
The sleeve would probably work but be careful he may chew it and eventually swallow it.

Latest posts