Gimped up turkey

Havana Dude

I always go to and from my stands as quietly as possible. The stand I’m in this afternoon is literally in the water. So I get up in here, and lo and behold, Ive got a gobbler feeding around the area. He’s got a bad leg. I e seen him one other time, he flew in here then. Don’t know how he came in this time, he was here when I got here. He’s got about a 4-5 inch beard.

Jim Boyd

Hope he makes it!

buckpasser

If he can still walk and fly he’ll probably be ok

Or even hop and fly. One of my customers shot one three years ago that was unable to use any of his landing gear. They said he was literally wing bouncing down the feed route to survive. The place is heavily trapped/managed for quail, so I guess he got more time than most would have.

Havana Dude

He stayed around for about 1.5 Hours. I think he’s got just enough to survive. He was just heavily limping.

slow motion

There's a buck missing a front leg where I hunt. Got pics for the last 3 years but I've never seen him. Not complaining. Just doing his thing. A few pics this fall looked like he was pursuing a girlfriend. He's my hero.

killerv

He stayed around for about 1.5 Hours. I think he’s got just enough to survive. He was just heavily limping.
Odds are a predator will get him if he can't run. Yeah, I know he might could get up and fly off in time but odds are against him.

Had a gimp one that someone shot early season on my property, guess they got some shot in his leg. I called him in about a month later and he was limping all the way to me. I let him slide.

Havana Dude

He’s in here again today. Yea, predator might get him, but that’s a possibility with 2 good legs as well. I’m not messing with him.