Give me some advice

shawnrice

Buckpasser ...I was the same way as your son ,7 mm or 300 win mag or nothing for me for years ...I found out a couple years ago I for some reason shoot the same model guns in 308 alot better ...
I always new my 300 was fixing to knock my brains out ,cut eye or something ,I dont even think about that with my 308's and I'm way more accurate

buckpasser

Buckpasser ...I was the same way as your son ,7 mm or 300 win mag or nothing for me for years ...I found out a couple years ago I for some reason shoot the same model guns in 308 alot better ...
I always new my 300 was fixing to knock my brains out ,cut eye or something ,I dont even think about that with my 308's and I'm way more accurate

Same for me with my little Grendel.

DannyW

I remember being 11 and thinking my grandpas 30-06 would kill anything on the face of the earth.
I remember that around 1970 Jack O'Connor went on safari with his wife Eleanor. She used a 30.06 to take her elephant.

And we can't forget WM Bell, a renowned elephant hunter for his time, used a 7x57 (7MM Mauser) to crop over a thousand elephants.

It ain't what you use, it's where you hit them.