Go get him, Red Deer

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Dang, maybe he'll take refuge up on Fort Gordon. Keeping my eyes peeled for him in McDuffie and Columbia counties

Can we bag him at night, legally?

He's was seen on Ft. Gordon 4 days ago, but last I heard he was in Wrens. Technically yes on the night thing, but you'd better know it's a safe shot like any other sort of legal night hunting.

lampern

(27.1) "Farmed deer" means fallow deer (Dama dama), axis deer (Axis axis), sika deer (Cervus nippon), red deer and elk (Cervus elaphus), and reindeer and caribou (Rangifer tarandus), and hybrids between these farmed deer species raised for the commercial sale of meat and other parts or for the sale of live animals.

Red deer and elk have been split into separate species.

1. "Wildlife" means any vertebrate or invertebrate animal life indigenous to this state or any species introduced or specified by the board and includes fish, except domestic fish produced by aquaculturists registered under Code Section 27-4-255, mammals, birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, crustaceans, and mollusks or any part thereof.

I guess wild elk would be classified as wildlife?

bassculler

Whatever happened to the one last year? I havent heard anything else about it. My guess is someone killed it and never said a word. Processed at home. Cant say that i blame them....