Gonna Give It a Shot! - UPDATE

Redbow

Here's wishing you much success in your new business. There's money to be made with running a restaurant but many headaches as well. My parents ran one for 24 years, getting and keeping good help was always their biggest problem. Good luck.

ryork

Here's wishing you much success in your new business. There's money to be made with running a restaurant but many headaches as well. My parents ran one for 24 years, getting and keeping good help was always their biggest problem. Good luck.

Having owned a “professional” business (engineering) for twelve or so years I’m well aware of the perils……. We got a plan to minimize that as well.

Lindseys Grandpa

Good luck. It's a big undertaking with today's market/ prices and getting good help. You got the cooking skills no doubt . Will make a road trip may drag a boat when you get going .

Geffellz18

we're planning on opening a restaurant over the next several months. likes and dislikes with so many of you.

This is Awesome! I’d most definitely make the trip to enjoy if the concept comes to fruition.
I’m sure that I’ve missed a thread here and there, but I can’t recall a single “dislike” on an @ryork post! :wink:
All the best on this endeavor, Sir!

Triple C

Awesome to hear and based on your threads over the years, I’d bet the farm you will have lines out the door.

Didn’t see a location on here. Can you share where you plan to open? Guarantee I’ll make the drive.

ryork

Awesome to hear and based on your threads over the years, I’d bet the farm you will have lines out the door.

Didn’t see a location on here. Can you share where you plan to open? Guarantee I’ll make the drive.

Hopefully after tomorrow I can divulge some details, but Lookout Mt area of NE AL and sometime in the Sept 2024 timeframe. Hopefully.... not counting my chickens just yet

jaydawg

Hopefully after tomorrow I can divulge some details, but Lookout Mt area of NE AL and sometime in the Sept 2024 timeframe. Hopefully.... not counting my chickens just yet
Very excited to hear your plans…but, but can you PLEASE not open on the dove opener??…oh well, nevermind, I’ll still be there(I forgot I have the first seating):p