Good bear dog anyone?

Christian hughey

Season is fast approaching and there was alot of controversy over the bear dog hunt last year. Alot of back and forth with some good points on from sides. I think we all pretty much agreed in the end that this will be good for the habitat to thin the heard and spread em out a bit and they sure did that although I dont think they put that big of a dent in the population and I'm itchin to get back up there with bow in hand. I would also like to find a few guys and a few good dogs if I am selected for this years bear dog hunt. I think this hunt would be a blast to be a part of, it's not my typical style of hunting but I am very interested in seeing this in person and maybe even get to squeeze one off on a big bear myself. I dont have dogs of my own to run but if I get lucky enough to get picked I would like to be prepared with some good hounds that do this as a way of life. Good luck out there this year!!!!!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Good thinkin and good call...
Good way for a group of doggers to get another ticket in the raffle box.

Christian hughey

I'm also open for an invite if anybody is short a player! I have one priority point going into this season and will collect them until I get picked.

shaun cichols

I run plotts. Find someone who has got some good dogs an get a pup an raise it to run bear. U will get a lot more satisfaction outta the hunt seeing a dog u raised an trained doing what it was born to do.

Christian hughey

I run plotts. Find someone who has got some good dogs an get a pup an raise it to run bear. U will get a lot more satisfaction outta the hunt seeing a dog u raised an trained doing what it was born to do.
I agree it would be nice to have my own but they are alot of work and I do not live in bear country I come up to hunt only a few times a year and for a two weekend hunt that may be near impossible to get selected for that's a big investment of both time any money. Be nice if I could find a good dog that's ready to go, I'm sure his handler would be itchin for an invite as well.

Christian hughey

Man I am with you. It would be wild to be with a team and see the dogs work.
Keep in touch, I would rather have guys with me that have knowledge of areas other than where I typically go, better insight and understanding of the terrain etc. The few guys i would bring to the hunt would be ok out there but i just dont know many i would trust to go at this with or even trust to show up on hunt day so it would be nice to get a few of you guys together up there, we all have pretty good conversation most of the time. I think it would be a good time! On the slim chance I get it I'll send ya an invite.