Good Day - Bad Day

Lanier Jim

The tail of two days.....I always post truth - good and bad. Yesterday, we smashed them....today - it was about a 9 out of 10 on my suckometer! Some folks caught them good today but we didn't. Not sure why - just the wrong places I guess.

Bill and Clayton said they wanted to get better at brush pile fishing and the drop shot....I set up their drop shot rods and we started running brush. That's what I focused on...brush with the drop shot. We did throw the jerk shads too - but obviously - I wasn't in the right places today.

We ran in to a few schools of schooling stripers on top....really! It's early September and stripers schooling on top. We worked brush in 20'-25' of water - just couldn't get the schools we found to bite.

Yeah - we caught a few fish early with the Jerk Shad and drop shot then my bite got real tough. We did catch a few more including a striper that Clayton boated - not my best outing.

Still - it was a fun time and Bill and Clayton are going back out with me soon....hopefully things will be different. We had some laughs and fished hard but like I said - my ability to find active fish was up at a 9 on the suckometer. LJ

Attachments

• KIMG2922.JPG
    KIMG2922.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 24
  • KIMG2923.JPG
    KIMG2923.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 24
  • KIMG2924.JPG
    KIMG2924.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 23

Worley

Many of those Silver bullets might just make em boys rethink brush pile fishing. Great report as always LJ