Good Day for Hambone Soup!

Still had a good bit of ham leftover from turkey (and ham) day, was watching snow flurries at 11 this morning, so, a great day for stoup! Got most everything gathered up and for my Buddy @Cmp1 , yup, there's gonna be some corn in this one!! :bounce:

I trimmed some good hunks off the leftover bone and commenced to cube it up as the bone began to simmer in chicken broth. Looked like 2 1/2-3 cups of cubes, so a good bit of meat in this one; thus stoup, not soup....

I chopped the onion, carrots and celery as the meat simmered and then sauteed them a bit before adding them to the pot. Next came the can of diced tomatoes, and now a simmer for about two hours and then I'll pull any meat off still on the bone and add the potatoes and kidney beans. Not much in the way of special spices in this pot, just a bay leaf, chili powder and some pepper. I figure the ham has plenty of salt for the simmer for the time being.

Turns out the three smaller knives were all I needed and the machete I just got from Lowes today for $6 was never needed :rofl:

Attachments

• thumbnail-63.jpeg
    thumbnail-63.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail-64.jpeg
    thumbnail-64.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail-65.jpeg
    thumbnail-65.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 41