Good Weekend

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Went back camping on a trout stream in the Unicoi Mountains of western NC for a few days this week. Had some of my buddies from down on the SC/GA line came up, and a few GON brothers- @Pig Predator, @northgeorgiasportsman, and @whitetailfreak. Fish were plentiful and hitting like crazy. We caught fish until we about got tired of catching fish, mostly on dry flies. I got caught up in doing stuff, and didn't take hardly any pics. :( But, in the end, we had a great weekend. Most fun I've had in a long time. Great times with good people.

kris.jpg

kristrout.jpg

brook.jpg

krisnwes.jpg

wes.jpg
kristrout2.jpg

limit.jpg
bryson.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So many things I didn't think to take pics of-campfires, music around the fire every night, more fishing, hanging out and relaxing, blackberry/blueberry Dutch oven cobbler, boomers, and a thousand other things.

Best weekend I've had in a long time. Guys, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, post y'all's pics.

As ol' Sam Hunnicutt would have said, "We packed up our camp this morning and went home. We were all well-pleased with our trip, and we all determined to do it again soon."

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I ain't no fly fisherman but I caught a few on spinners. Just as many spitters and twice as many hits. Them fellars cover 3xs the POOOLS as I do and catch 5xs the fish. Here is a picture of a couple of them about to pass me up after I walked 100+ yards ahead of them trying to catch something out of the 3 holes I was trying to work. I was impressed to say the least.
@northgeorgiasportsman had already passed me up.Screenshot_20240616_115936_Gallery.jpg

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I only brought home 7 but it was the best time I've had with my britches on in a couple years. I aint been covered up in brooks like that ever before and finally seen a booner. That trip will be imbedded in my brain for as long as im on this earth. These younger folks would refer to it being "epic". :cheers:
Screenshot_20240616_115907_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240616_120000_Gallery.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
"Between Tyler Childers' drug songs, and Steve Earle's.......drug songs, and Tubby crying in his cage; out at ________________, NC, ain't nobody feeling no pain. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I ain't no fly fisherman but I caught a few on spinners. Just as many spitters and twice as many hits. Them fellars cover 3xs the POOOLS as I do and catch 5xs the fish. Here is a picture of a couple of them about to pass me up after I walked 100+ yards ahead of them trying to catch something out of the 3 holes I was trying to work. I was impressed to say the least.
@northgeorgiasportsman had already passed me up.View attachment 1312120
That is a nice poooool. :bounce:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Pretty epic few days, fellas. Always good to meet some new faces, especially ones that hunt and fish the same way I do.
The fishing was as good as I've seen it there. It honestly reminded me of fishing out west. At one point, we were fishing 3 abreast, with @NCHillbilly working the left side, @whitetailfreak working the middle, and me working the right. We just missed tripling up a couple times. I pity anyone who tried to come fish behind us after we sore-lipped every trout in the creek.
As ive come to expect from these trips, the food was off the charts. The campfire music was excellent, bolstered this time by the sweet harmonica tones from @Pig Predator
I spent 3 restful nights sleeping in a hammock mere feet from one of the most iconic trout streams in the Smokies.
I've needed this trip.

As stated above, I failed to get near enough pics, but I guess I got caught up living in the moment.

The maestro
20240613_203725.jpg

20240614_085027.jpg

20240614_173240.jpg
20240615_105527.jpg
20240615_105905.jpg20240615_123235.jpg
20240615_113246.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty epic few days, fellas. Always good to meet some new faces, especially ones that hunt and fish the same way I do.
The fishing was as good as I've seen it there. It honestly reminded me of fishing out west. At one point, we were fishing 3 abreast, with @NCHillbilly working the left side, @whitetailfreak working the middle, and me working the right. We just missed tripling up a couple times. I pity anyone who tried to come fish behind us after we sore-lipped every trout in the creek.
As ive come to expect from these trips, the food was off the charts. The campfire music was excellent, bolstered this time by the sweet harmonica tones from @Pig Predator
I spent 3 restful nights sleeping in a hammock mere feet from one of the most iconic trout streams in the Smokies.
I've needed this trip.

As stated above, I failed to get near enough pics, but I guess I got caught up living in the moment.

The maestro
View attachment 1312146

View attachment 1312147

View attachment 1312148
View attachment 1312150
View attachment 1312151View attachment 1312152
View attachment 1312153
"Looks like a family of otters seining the creek."...northgeorgiasportsman. :bounce:

Latest posts