Good Weekend

whitetailfreak

I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather been. Great food, great company and some durn good fishin'.

Watching NCH work his magic up a fine stretch of creek and trying to learn something.
IMG_20240616_121208.jpg

Unfortunately the ol eyes aren't what they use to be.
IMG_20240616_121230.jpg

Some good pickin' for sure.
PXL_20240614_004416225~2.jpg

Starve we did not.
PXL_20240614_112737934~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240616-191455.png
Screenshot_20240616-191523.png

@northgeorgiasportsman makes a mighty fine burger.
Screenshot_20240616-191507.png

The Rhodo Ramada
Screenshot_20240616-191516.png

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather been. Great food, great company and some durn good fishin'.

Watching NCH work his magic up a fine stretch of creek and trying to learn something.
View attachment 1312159

View attachment 1312160

View attachment 1312161

Starve we did not.
View attachment 1312162
View attachment 1312173
View attachment 1312175

View attachment 1312172

The Rhodo Ramada
View attachment 1312177
I think NCH could learn a thing or two about fishing from you. :) And yes, Wes makes a good durn burger.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Here's a question for y'all since you can obviously work a fly rod...

Down here around the swamp, in small creeks, tight quarters we work small flies and bugs with a 9-10ft bream buster and maybe 15# or so mono. We catch bream, warmouth, redfin pike, etc.

I could work my "buggin' pole" just fine in the area y'all were in, but I ain't much good with a fly rod.

Would there be any point in bringin' my swamp tactics to the hills???

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a question for y'all since you can obviously work a fly rod...

Down here around the swamp, in small creeks, tight quarters we work small flies and bugs with a 9-10ft bream buster and maybe 15# or so mono. We catch bream, warmouth, redfin pike, etc.

I could work my "buggin' pole" just fine in the area y'all were in, but I ain't much good with a fly rod.

Would there be any point in bringin' my swamp tactics to the hills???
Long rod, short line, yep. That will catch trout for you. You need to downsize that leader, though. The only difference is the current. Trout won't hit a fly that isn't drifting the same speed as the current. They'll go hide under a rock if you drag a fly over them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 1312159

View attachment 1312160

View attachment 1312161

Starve we did not.
View attachment 1312162
View attachment 1312173
View attachment 1312175

View attachment 1312172

The Rhodo Ramada
View attachment 1312177
That muscadine jelly was sho-nuff good. What was left is in my fridge now. :)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Long rod, short line, yep. That will catch trout for you. You need to downsize that leader, though. The only difference is the current. Trout won't hit a fly that isn't drifting the same speed as the current. They'll go hide under a rock if you drag a fly over them.
Well, How bout maybe 6# or 8# mono the length of the pole? I think I could make that go.

We use the heavier mono to be able to "cast" the line, much like a fly rod, and maybe stand a chance against chain pickerel, and bowfins.. :bounce:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Talk about kicking a fella when he's down. After I drifted an unproductive yellow humpy through a couple promising runs, those two slipped in behind me and mopped up, doubling up once. It reminded me of the times I would speedily fish a run only to turn around and watch Pap snatch a trout out from under a rock I was just standing on.:)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well, How bout maybe 6# or 8# mono the length of the pole? I think I could make that go.

We use the heavier mono to be able to "cast" the line, much like a fly rod, and maybe stand a chance against chain pickerel, and bowfins.. :bounce:
4#-6# would work.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna see if 6# will "cast", just so I'll know... :)
My nymph rig, I have about 25' of 20# Maxima on the end of the fly line, and I'll tie a few feet of 4x tippet to it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Talk about kicking a fella when he's down. After I drifted an unproductive yellow humpy through a couple promising runs, those two slipped in behind me and mopped up, doubling up once. It reminded me of the times I would speedily fish a run only to turn around and watch Pap snatch a trout out from under a rock I was just standing on.:)
Well, I missed one three times yesterday morning after Chris missed it twice, and you came up and caught it...

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
What beautiful country, looks like a great trip.

Latest posts