Got one with a little help

Otisman

knew where to hunt this morning based on wind direction according to the apps I use. They are typically correct. Got out of the truck and wind was completely opposite and steady. Decided to hunt opposite side of property and headed that way. Half way there I got worried that wind would shift to predicted direction once I got there. So, turned around and headed to planned spot. Fifteen minutes later and still a ways to go and the wind was still wrong. Watching my breath blowing the wrong direction, I prayed a dumb prayer that God would tell me where to hunt. I don’t really think He cares where I hunt or if I get a deer, but asked anyway. Next two breaths go in the same (wrong direction) and the following goes opposite. Then back to the wrong direction. I took that to mean go hunt where I had planned. It was strange and kinda made the hairs on my neck stand up. By the time I got to my spot and set up it was shooting light. I honesty don’t know what the wind did from there. As soon as I set up and looked around I saw a big bodied buck 50 yards from me. Dropped him in his tracks. Maybe God, maybe not. To me it certainly was! This deer means more for it. Very thankful426400B0-389C-443E-9B3D-A4FA94FC53C0.jpeg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great buck!! Where is the hole?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Did you weigh that brute?
Congratulations!

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice buck - congrats!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on a nice buck , and yes they always gain weight if u are the one doing the dragging

the Lackster

knew where to hunt this morning based on wind direction according to the apps I use. They are typically correct. Got out of the truck and wind was completely opposite and steady. Decided to hunt opposite side of property and headed that way. Half way there I got worried that wind would shift to predicted direction once I got there. So, turned around and headed to planned spot. Fifteen minutes later and still a ways to go and the wind was still wrong. Watching my breath blowing the wrong direction, I prayed a dumb prayer that God would tell me where to hunt. I don’t really think He cares where I hunt or if I get a deer, but asked anyway. Next two breaths go in the same (wrong direction) and the following goes opposite. Then back to the wrong direction. I took that to mean go hunt where I had planned. It was strange and kinda made the hairs on my neck stand up. By the time I got to my spot and set up it was shooting light. I honesty don’t know what the wind did from there. As soon as I set up and looked around I saw a big bodied buck 50 yards from me. Dropped him in his tracks. Maybe God, maybe not. To me it certainly was! This deer means more for it. Very thankfulView attachment 994556
Awesome deer brother, i pray for guidance every time i step in the woods. Gods will be done.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is a fine buck. Congrats!

Otisman

I appreciate all the kind words. Still amazing to me that he was right there as soon as I settled in and looked around. Was ground hunting and can never be as quiet as I intend while setting up.

bany

Congratulations on being in the right place and Mind Set on your hunt! Great buck and nice push from the All Father!