Got time for a ride?

LOVEMYLABXS

2 day early goose was Sat. and Sunday and it was and wasn't a bust both days. With the dry summer we've had a lot of the ponds I hunt are bone dry but had to get out and look around. Sat morning on my way to 1st spot to check out I spotted a Bull Elk out in the sagebrush but he only stopped for a few second before taking off again headed North no chance for a picture. Looked to be a nice bull he horns layed back on to his back when he threw his head up.
Bow for deer was open but nobody I talked with that was out had any luck finding that buck with at least 3 points on one side. I saw and shot ( with the Kodak of course)a couple of small bucks and does.

100_6572.JPG

100_6574.JPG

100_6578.JPG

Did see some birds that we couldn't shoot but no geese.

100_6583.JPG

100_6594.JPG

Last edited:

LOVEMYLABXS

Well day2. Only saw a couple of does on the ride out but the pond had a lot of ducks on it so even though they weren't open Tilly and I packed in a dozen field geese deks and sat up to see what might happen. Weather got cloudy and cooled down to the mid 60s with a little wind.

100_6612.JPG

Once again just ducks no geese came by.

100_6602.JPG

100_6608.JPG

Tilly just couldn't understand why I wasn't shooting but she kep a close watch on the skies.

100_6605.JPG

100_6615.JPG

"I'm kind off bored dad."

100_6617.JPG

"Guess I'll just take a nap. Let me know if you see anything dad."

100_6618.JPG

wvdawg

Staff member
Good ones Mike! :clap:

Hoss

May not have been a good trip for hunting, but you did fine shooting those photos. Too bad Tilly couldn’t retrieve them.

LOVEMYLABXS

Honestly I think she enjoyed getting out as much as I did. We went for a couple of short hikes and her nose hardly ever came of the ground, just to much new and interesting scents to pass up. I was real pleased with how she behaved, sitting and watching the ducks ( even though a couple of times when they hit the water she just had to go:banginghe:biggrin2:) but hey I can't wait till we finally get to knock something down fer her to get.

ghadarits

I’d call that trip worth while even though you didn’t score on any geese.

GeorgiaBob

Well day2. Only saw a couple of does on the ride out but the pond had a lot of ducks on it so even though they weren't open Tilly and I packed in a dozen field geese deks and sat up to see what might happen. Weather got cloudy and cooled down to the mid 60s with a little wind.

View attachment 1252139

Once again just ducks no geese came by.

View attachment 1252140

View attachment 1252141

Tilly just couldn't understand why I wasn't shooting but she kep a close watch on the skies.

View attachment 1252142

View attachment 1252143

"I'm kind off bored dad."

View attachment 1252144

"Guess I'll just take a nap. Let me know if you see anything dad."

View attachment 1252145

One of my brothers hunted with Golden Retrievers (and had several champion dogs). He spent many a day walking fields and ponds out of season. He always had a starter pistol with him. Jim would occasionally let a dog focus on a duck or bird and fire the starter pistol.

He claimed he was just keeping the dogs in practice. I always knew the truth. Jim and the dogs were just having fun. Having a bright, well trained, canine friend is one of the finest joys in life.