Grady County

joedublin

Been leasing the same land just outside Whigham for the past 14 years. Best hunting should be the second week in December...my son and I both got bucks in the 140's at that time last year. Hope to get the big one, in the 160's, this year!

jimbar

Joedublin, I'm from Dade City Florida and hunted in Decatur County the last 12 years. I bet we have passed each other on the interstate or Hwy 19 more than a few times. I have a small tract in Grady and Thomas Counties this year. Thanks for the info on the rut.

joedublin

jimbar...the first week of this season we took 3 does and 2 bucks...a 7 point and a 9 point. The big ones are still not coming out to play...but the turkeys sure are. If you're ever coming thru Whigham let me know...maybe we can meet at Hud's for a cup of coffee and talk deer hunting.

jimbar

Is Huds the little restaraut in the middle of town? They make a good hamburger there.

jimbar

Last time I checked my Grady county cameras (two weeks ago) I had some does during the day but bucks were still at night. Hopefully I can get up there again this weekend.

GaFlLine

Hunt off Thomas rd right by the LH Trail and got a lease right near bishops travel center. Deer activity has been good. Alot of does and the bucks are coming in late (6:10-6:15ish). Monster buck killed the other night. image.jpg

hortonhunter22

Heck of a buck there...there's some studs killed down that way every year, they get old on those plantations and then get to rambling

GaFlLine

I had been hunting that deer for 2 years. Got tons of pictures of it on camera but all at night. Found his shed from last year and the year before. He showed back up on camera this year and boy was i excited... Until 3 days later I get a picture sent to me from my Dad and it was that deer in the cooler. The neighbors had shot him the night before. Was pretty upset about it but what can you do! Definitely happy for whoever shot him just wish i would have had the chance myself...buck.jpeg

GaFlLine

Still havent seen a buck chasing a doe but the rubs and scrapes are Scattered throughout the property. Seen alot of 2.5 year old marginal bucks coming into the food plots before dark. I think were still a few weeks out before the rut is on full force...

bonecollector

the place we used to hunt just north of the ball field in grady county would get fired up around the first and second week of dec. all the way through jan if the cool weather ever appears

Tailfeather

Saw a 4 pt and a doe with fawn yesterday evening. Very little scraping, etc. yet.