Grady County

joedublin

No rut activity yet in Whigham...still seeing does with little ones but no bucks...I guess they are still nocturnal. Second week in December will probably get it all started just like last year!

Tailfeather

Killed this one is south Grady a month ago. It'll get better as we get into December.

Attachments

• 1103131402.jpg
    1103131402.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 728

Bullhound

I hunt on Open Pond Rd at the Grady/Decatur border...we are seeing scapes on our property already. Seems a little early this year. About 2nd week of December it should be pretty good. I killed a nice 8 chasing last year at that time.

southGAlefty

I watched 5 does yesterday evening no bucks showed though. Still a couple weeks out, timing is key and cold weather helps things immensely. Looks to be setting up just like every other year here. From now till the end of the season I will be there every chance I get!

joedublin

My South Carolina Gamecocks beat up a few Tigers last night!!! Hope I can do the same with a big 10-point this coming week !!!

joedublin

Rut is NOT on yet in Whigham.....just saw 2 bucks with nice racks running together on the land. If they were rutting they'd be fighting each other,not socializing!

Tailfeather

Warm and dead for me. Fresh scrapes popping up, but only does and little bucks on cam lately.

southGAlefty

Settled in. Found some new scrapes on trail in. Had to kill a big water moccasin yesterday afternoon walking in. Really need some cold weather to kick em off I think

joedublin

Be careful walking around....we scared up 2 more rattlesnakes last week . Killed one and the other got away so he could lie in wait for up this coming week! Saw a pretty good 4 point strolling through one of the cotton fields but didn't shoot...let him grow into an 8-point next year !

southGAlefty

Work keeps screwing me up but this cool snap ought to get it started. I'm anxious to burn the last of my vacation days and get back in the woods.