Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in!!! (adding Illinois pics now)

flatsmaster

Ron and I are flying up 5 Sept and returning 8 Sept.

Check and battery up cams as needed

Some scrapes MAY be started by then, if not we will move the slower cams to areas where scrapes normally are or we will simply create some fake scrapes.

Mow trails

Mow some hunt areas

Put up 2 addl stands. We know where we want them.

Re-strap a few stands

Trim lanes.

Drink cold beer.

Not all necessarily in that order.

!!
IMG_6752.jpegIMG_6754.png

Good plan Mr J !!!

Not just the horns growing but after that there body gotta puff up and look good for the ladies … still surprises me a little how the body changes … eats good in summer and velvet pic and then Nov 9 where he is thick for ladies fighting and winter

Jim Boyd

View attachment 1311598View attachment 1311599

Good plan Mr J !!!

Not just the horns growing but after that there body gotta puff up and look good for the ladies … still surprises me a little how the body changes … eats good in summer and velvet pic and then Nov 9 where he is thick for ladies fighting and winter

Now that is a beastly joker!!!!!

Is she still out there? Do we know?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Talk about a heart breaker. Haven't been denied every 3rd year since I've been going. Guess the word it's out. You can't plan anything when points are involved and people start going crazy applying. Screenshot_20240614_174813_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Jim Boyd

Talk about a heart breaker. Haven't been denied every 3rd year since I've been going. Guess the word it's out. You can't plan anything when points are involved and people start going crazy applying. View attachment 1311657

Man, I hope you know of or have alternatives.

Got our fingers crossed for you, brother.

I have 5 or 6 points. Gonna use in 2025.

I feel safe.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Man, I hope you know of or have alternatives.

Got our fingers crossed for you, brother.

I have 5 or 6 points. Gonna use in 2025.

I feel safe.
We will be right at completing and moving into our new house around nov1. So it was Iowa or nothing this yr. Probably for the best in all honesty.

Jim Boyd

We will be right at completing and moving into our new house around nov1. So it was Iowa or nothing this yr. Probably for the best in all honesty.

A move is TOUGH!

Congrats on the new home!

We gotta move this fall also - we are retiring and selling in lexington and moving to farm.

A December move would be great so we don’t end up with several months of commute as our work months wind down.

Biggest worry is getting the Lex house sold and getting out from under it.

Again, congratulations on the new home!!!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We lost the IA lottery too. Course we only have 2 points but have never not drawn with 2 in our area.

But I am relieved because after drawing KS for the 127th or so straight time I wasnt sure how I would line things up.

Hopefully I fall over dead before 25 season so I dont have to give that danged state any more money. I told Bubba it's his fault for talking me into going again.

Hope you find a place to sit in a tree for a bit @mizzippi jb . Good luck brother

IMG_6082.JPEG

uturn

Congratulations to all the folks that have drawn in both states..sittin on 5 points now in Iowa and 2 in Kansas and looking to the future in both places…headed back to Southern Illinios this year…anyone or should I say any diehard archer in, on or around the I-75 corridor comin out of Florida interested…I’m looking for a quality runnin mate…gettin older and way too many solo trips now..not that I’m gonna stop goin it alone but a solid teammate would be real nice!!

Congratulations again Fellas!!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I’m sitting on 5 Iowa points. We hope to draw next year. When I do draw I’m done with Iowa. I have to much hunting just a few mins from the Iowa line in Missouri.
From what I’m hearing it may take us 6 points to draw a tag in zone 5.
I'm probably done with Iowa for deer after I draw my next tag.

Mike 65

Iowa is a beautiful state. Love to hunt there but so does everyone else. We hunt 660 acre private farm just out of Moravia. From what I’m hearing the locals are not happy about the state stopping the party hunts for gun season. All those who used the party hunt loop hole will now be putting in for tags which will make it harder for them to go every year. The point creep is going to affect everyone.

Jim Boyd

I am gonna be one and done.

And happy about it.

Get that out of my blood and just hang at Charlie’s place in Schuyler.

All good here.

I’ll be turning 69 and ready to calm down a bit.

Last edited: