Guess what I found today.

SGaither

Well, I was riding through the county I work in (Morgan)and I stubbled upon a deer and her fawn walking down a dirt road, that's right, right down the middle of the road as if they had bizness being there. I stopped as soon as I saw it was a fawn and it's mother and observed. The fawn immediately went to the edge of the road and dissapeared while the doe ran down the road about 30 yards and stopped. She ended up walking back to her fawn then ran off into the woods about 50 yards and continued to watch me. I carefully proceded down the road to where I last saw the fawn and there it lay on the edge of the road in some tall weeds about 6". The little fella couldn't have been but a couple days old. Despite what part of me wanted, to stop and pet it, I decided to keep on driving. That was one of those moments where I wished I had my camera. I'm sure the momma promptly returned as soon as I drove out of sight. About 4 miles up the same road a larger deer jump across in front of me and then I remembered someone's post about deer migrating back to Georgia from South Carolina during the summer. What floors me is I saw these deer at 3:00 in the heat of the day, shouldn't they be in the shade chewin the cud?

SGaither

Handgunner

Neat!

The wife and I were between Soperton and Vidalia the other day when we spotted a mature doe in a stand of thinned pines. Nothing at all there to eat, and right next to a lush green creek bottom that was thick!

I would lay money that she had a fawn in there and was more than likely eating some mushrooms in the stand of pines.

It was 2:15pm when we saw her. I tried to get a picture, but she took off as soon as the van slowed down.