Guide out of Blue N Hall Area

Hey me and a buddy are going to take a trip friday thru sunday out of the Darien area/DoBoy area. We found one gude Captin Marty. Seems like a good knowledgeble fun guide. I have a cousin with a place just off DoBoy so I want to go with a guide that knows that area and show me a thing or two. Does anyone want to vouch for Captin Marty or suggest other guides to consider. Thanks.

PaulD

Banned
1.)Don't know him.......2.)Go to Glynn County! 3) who is your cousin?

HOBO

CANE FORK RAMBLER

"Capt Marty Witthoft" works for the Darien Phone Company in McIntosh County..... He is a nice guy and fishes from an older model 22' red Pathfinder with a T-Top.... I believe he specializes mostly in whiting and small sharks.... He hasn't been guiding all that long and only does it part time....

If you must fish from Blue-N-Hall I would recommend Capt David Stevens..... David also works for the Darien Phone Co and also guides only part time but he has spent his entire life romping and fishing the area you are interested in.... David is extremely knowledgeable about this entire area and thoroughly knows all kinds of fishing for this area... David is also a McIntosh County Commissioner.... David is a great guy and a lot of fun to be around....

As far as fishing is concerned in the Doboy area you can't beat Wendell Harper or James McVeigh which fish mainly out of Two Way Fish Camp..... Both of these have 40+ years experience fishing this area and NO ONE knows this area any better than they do....

I too am curious who your cousin is..... I believe I know just about every owner of all the dozen or so private camps on the hammocks bordering the Doboy Sound area..

Their last name wouldn't be Alford, Owens, Persons, Kent, Poole, or Shaw would it????

------------<" ){{{{{*><

MesquiteHeat

I'll vouch for him. Go with Mr. Marty, you won't regret it. I know both of these men and David very well, but if I had to choose I'd go with Mr. Marty for sure. He's been guiding long enough to put you on what you want and he's a heck of a nice guy!! David's got his son's baseball right now plus he works a lot so he might be busy but either way you can't go wrong. David's a good friend but Marty's one cool character on the water!! And if you're fishing out of this area, get a guide from this area like these two, not from Brunswick.

Last edited:

HOBO

JR

And if you're fishing out of this area, get a guide from this area like these two, not from Brunswick.

For what it's worth,,,,,,,,,,,,, Wendell Harper also lives in Darien (McIntosh County)......

MesquiteHeat

Yes sir I know who Mr. Harper is, I was referring to the comment made by the other fella who said go to Glynn County. There's several men around who can fish Doboy just as strong as Mr. Harper, most of them just won't show you anything. I'd just like for someone who is going out in Doboy to get with someone from McIntosh instead of going to Brunswick for a guide

G Duck

What Ken (Hobo) said. Both are good guys, Partial to David , Our wives are first cousins, been fishing and hunting together a long time.
Marty is a stand up guy. Cant go wrong.

Last edited:

G Duck

Ken, you also would qualify, you can almost throw a rock and hit McIntosh County!:bounce:

PaulD

Banned
Somebody missed my sarcasm. ;). Go to Glynn Co. or Savannah.....please.