Had a little action on the road

Core Lokt

I was on the back porch enjoying a drank and I heard sirens come by. That never happens. I expected them to go the elder neighbor but they kept going to the lake/ramp. Me and the youngest girl (21 Friday) got on the buggy and headed that way. EMS, FWC, volunteer and county FD were down there. Capsized boat. Well it's only 5' average out there. FWC was on the phone with them. All were fine. Sunk an air boat. I offered to go home and get my boat (1 mile) and go look for them. "we have boats on the way" they said.

So me and the girl pull to the side and watch. FWC gal said they pinged their phone in so and so direction. A TFD boat gets there about 20 minutes later and she was giving them directions. I slipped over to the lieutenant and said, she is sending them in the wrong direction and tell him where I think they are or general area.. He said she is FWC and knows. OK. I offered one more time to go get my boat. "Nope, we have more boats coming." SO I go back to my buggy and sip on my drank and told my daughter that they don't know their tale from a hole in the ground.

bout 20 minutes later the next county on the other side of the lake comes on the radio saying they found them and guess where they were. Yep, right where I said I thought they were. The volunteer FD guy came up to me and said "aren't you the guy that went out and found those 2 kids 3 years ago during duck season that cold nasty winter day?" I said yes sir I am. He said I knew they should have listened to you.

Glad those folks were ok but just because someone doesn't have a badge or uniform doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. That is my back yard if you will.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
You can lead the horse to water but you can't make the hind end drink.................

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Just like others have said, I realized a long time ago that some of our LEO/Fire Department type individuals would make "BARNEY FIFE" look like the smartest professor in the world!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kudos to you, because at least, you put forth the effort to try and help. :cheers:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Just like others have said, I realized a long time ago that some of our LEO/Fire Department type individuals would make "BARNEY FIFE" look like the smartest professor in the world!!!

Agreed. It goes for any profession though.

T-N-T

Had a little action on the road

I was expecting something else when I read that. SMH

Havana Dude

Core, I am 6 years retired from aforementioned TFD. I have first hand knowledge that what you say is true. Not about this incident, but in general. I am forever grateful to have my 29 years in the rear view mirror. Don’t think another thing about your efforts, you tried, and that’s all you can do. While there are still some good people working there, your chances of running into a book worm officer increase daily. They are literally incapable of thinking outside the box.

Core Lokt

You should have seen them back the boat down the ramp. the 3rd one finally git it close then they pushed it off the trailer with the boat about 2' above the water.......

Thanks for your service. Do/Did you know Cody Reese?

Core Lokt

So I got the story today from a friend that went out and help recover the boat The guy bought the boat yesterday airboat that is has never ran one didn’t know how to run it and sunk it.

Havana Dude

If you see light under the door its the right one?
You should have seen them back the boat down the ramp. the 3rd one finally git it close then they pushed it off the trailer with the boat about 2' above the water.......

Thanks for your service. Do/Did you know Cody Reese?

Sure do. Haven’t seen him in quite a while. He’s been helping a friend of mine with a fiberglass project. Didn’t work together much, different shifts, Cody is a good fella.