Hamburger Recipe

Artfuldodger

We found a local meat market that has way better hamburger meat and ground chuck than the grocery stores. One key is to not overwork the meat when making patties.
After years of grilling burgers and steaks, we prefer to cook them fast in a very hot cast iron skillet. I like mine cooked about 2 minutes on each side.
Everglades Seasoning is good. Morton's Seasoning Salt is good.

JDBrown

I agree NCHB, sometimes I just season the patty with a shot of Lea and Perrins, black pepper, salt and garlic powder, sometimes just hit the patties good with Famous Dave's burger seasoning, but other times I like to add those to the meat before making the patties up, might throw in some red pepper flakes, and onion powder too. Mine come out tasting more like sausage burger sometimes, but I like em like that.

Resica

Ground meat. Ground meat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and a touch of granulated garlic on the OUTSIDE. There is no "recipe" for "mixing up" a burger. If you're "mixing up" a burger, it's not a burger. It's a meatloaf sammich. And you probably don't like hamburgers. I never understood people trying to mask the flavor of the meat in a burger. That's what I want to taste. Sorry. :)
You are not sorry!:)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I generally just add an egg, 1 slice of white bread broken into small pieces, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper (sometimes I chop a sweet onion and add too). Mix well and pat them out.
What's some ways y'all mix them up?
Almost the same except I add Lipton onion soup in instead of chopped onions and don’t add chopped up bread. My wife won’t eat onions.

BourbonBill

a pound of fresh ground chuck, 1/4 pound of ground pork, A1 Thick and Hearty, egg, Mrs Dash, mix and make 4 patties. Don't overcook. Your choice of cheese, more A1, mayo, slice of Vidalia onion. Enjoy