Handfull

01Foreman400

Staff member
Man oh man. I have a load that’s pushing a 250 gr. bullet 2,964 fps out of my CVA Scout. I’d love to see someone shoot one out of that.

Liberty

I would hate to hold onto this thing lol
Just load it light and go until it hurts or you’re at max, then back down until it doesn’t hurt again. Don’t let anyone else shoot it (for their safety) No one knows how much powder you put in the cases, and your a bad man handling a 45-70 revolver.

bighonkinjeep

Okay then try this little gem. American Derringer M4 Alaskan survival in 45-70 https://www.genitron.com/Handgun/American-Derringer/Pistol/M-4-Alaskan-Survival/45-70-Gov/Variant-2
There's a youtube video a gunshop aquaintence posted from 2012, 45-70 derringer by southern comfort. I cant post a link here because of language after the shot. The muzzle blast blows the target off the clips and the language is because the shooters hand was broken by the 76ft/lbs of free recoil energy through the grip. Load was factory Hornady Leverevolution.

pacecars

The boomers are fun

Reactions: Dub

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I remember somebody brought one to a bowling pin shoot we had once. Everybody gathered around to see what a .45/70 would do to a bowling pin. Would the pin go flying? Would it get blown in half? We never found out. The dude was so scared of the recoil, he never touched a pin.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I shot my nephews Desert Eagle .50 AE once.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Whats the load
250 Shock Hammer Bullet 63.2 gr. of AA 1680. Hammer’s tend to run faster than other bullets.

leroy

250 Shock Hammer Bullet 63.2 gr. of AA 1680. Hammer’s tend to run faster than other bullets.

Like them better than the barnes?

leroy

I bought one of the new Ruger/marlin 45-70 the recoil was not as bad as I anticipated it to be, no worse than 3.5 shotgun shells.

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Buddy of mine has a .500S&W with a stubnose barrel. It's a handful to shoot, but not horrible. I'd guess it would pale to a .45/70.

Geezer Ray

Okay then try this little gem. American Derringer M4 Alaskan survival in 45-70 https://www.genitron.com/Handgun/American-Derringer/Pistol/M-4-Alaskan-Survival/45-70-Gov/Variant-2
There's a youtube video a gunshop aquaintence posted from 2012, 45-70 derringer by southern comfort. I cant post a link here because of language after the shot. The muzzle blast blows the target off the clips and the language is because the shooters hand was broken by the 76ft/lbs of free recoil energy through the grip. Load was factory Hornady Leverevolution.
That is the definition of either insanity or stupidity.

GregoryB.

Being as both of my wrist have been surgically repaired I don’t think I would want to shoot it now, but in my younger dumber days I would have tried it.

furtaker

I saw a commercial the other day advertising one of those little Bond Arms derringers in 45-70. If somebody touched off one of those hot Buffalo Bore loads, I suspect it would blow up.

Some things are just stupid.