Handgun red dot

leroy

Bought vortex defender red dot, it is motion activated if it is riding in my truck will every bump turn it on and shorten battery life?

fauxferret

Depends on the sensitivity of the electronics. I know my holosun SCS will stay on when carried or riding in the truck. Can't really speak for the vortex, although I would reason it would.

Robert28

I think those have a 9500 hour battery life, and that’s with the dot being activated constantly. Even if yours turned on bumping around sometimes, you’d still a long time out of a battery.

fauxferret

Yea just change the battery out every year if you're worried and you should be good. Did this with a first gen RMR. The holosun has a battery life of 20,000 hours and its an internal battery so it'll likely outlast me. Being an LED they draw such low amperage that its almost nil.

Jester896

Senior Clown
i would think that it would be shorter on the highest setting than the lowest. I couldn't find a battery run time statement on their site. Most of them give you an expected time at a certain setting.
The Holosun 507 is 20,000hrs at the highest setting... roughly 800 days

fauxferret

i would think that it would be shorter on the highest setting than the lowest. I couldn't find a battery run time statement on their site. Most of them give you an expected time at a certain setting.
The Holosun 507 is 20,000hrs at the highest setting... roughly 800 days
Yea they just list the hours and in the manual I think that’s on the assumption of the lowest setting. 20,000 hours on just the charge. But with the solar and internal battery it seems to top off of ambient light. I especially like the fact I can run it with no plate. And it cowitnesses with my factory irons. Works well on the 19 and 20 for me.