Has anyone ever tried one of these?

doomtrpr_z71

I would pass on it myself as it is a limited run just for bps/cabela's and it most likely is chinese scope from the same plant that builds primary arms scopes, especially when you can get a vortex diamondback for a few dollars more. It's made by LOW for vortex which makes the majority of their scopes. I prefer leopold myself but have several vortex vipers since they are hard to beat for the money. The vanquish doesn't even have the vortex turret markings like their regular scopes which makes it look like it was made as cheap as possible for bass pro.

Geezer Ray

I would pass on it myself as it is a limited run just for bps/cabela's and it most likely is chinese scope from the same plant that builds primary arms scopes, especially when you can get a vortex diamondback for a few dollars more. It's made by LOW for vortex which makes the majority of their scopes. I prefer leopold myself but have several vortex vipers since they are hard to beat for the money. The vanquish doesn't even have the vortex turret markings like their regular scopes which makes it look like it was made as cheap as possible for bass pro.

I ordered and received one. It does have the Votex turrets markings not that that helps me shoot any better. It is unimpressive looking through it and is what a $149.00 scope is. I already sent it back and ordered a Vortex Viper Midway has on sale for $249.00.

Dub

Anybody have experience with one of these?
Vortex Vanquish 4-12x40 Rifle Scope
SKU:2913838
Magnification : 4-12X
Objective Size (mm) : 40mm
$149.00
Found this at Bass Pro and called Vortex to get more info. Life time no questions asked warranty.

I bought one very similar a couple months back. Low budget.....made somewhere close by the origins of the Kung Flu. Came with a free hat.

Hat fits great....maybe the scope will, too.

It’s gonna get mounted on a rifle that will see some winter range fun. I’m interested to see how it tracks and if it’ll hold up to .30’06 load development.

Again....if nothing else....hat fits good. :)

5B67F4A1-4763-47F5-9330-E83073F43A07.jpeg6D98B4BD-5D4A-4908-B8E0-3D7672DDAE4B.jpeg

Dub

I ordered and received one. It does have the Votex turrets markings not that that helps me shoot any better. It is unimpressive looking through it and is what a $149.00 scope is. I already sent it back and ordered a Vortex Viper Midway has on sale for $249.00.

Good move. (y)

Hillbilly stalker

The best scope I’ve owned is an old Leopold 3x10x50 Vari X III. Crystal clear. Now that I’m a little older and need reading glasses, I cannot see thru it nearly as well. It looks like a Simmons used to look when I had a 25 year olds eye sight. The eye adjustment just isnt any help. My buddy bought a Vortex Crossfire, it has the large adjustment knob on the eyepiece like most newer scopes do now. I can see thru it 5 times better than my Leopoldo, I hate to say that....but it’s the truth. I finally decided to buy one of the Vortex, I figured if I liked the Crossfire, I would REALLY like the next step up, the Diamond back. I ordered a 3x10x50. It is not as clear and sharp as the Crossfire, I put them side by side. And the crossfire is a 44 mm.

rosewood

I have owned numerous Simmons, Bushnells, Weavers and Tascos over the years as well as BSA. They no way compare in glass quality and clarity of a Leupold or even a Nikon. Leupolds are much brighter, clearer and easier to focus. Granted, those cheaper scopes have always worked, their optics just are not as clear as the Leupy. I have to say, for years I resisted buying the more expensive scopes until I started comparing the glass quality. I am sold now.

Supposedly the older Tascos, Bushnells etc that were made in Japan were some of the best they had. They are most all made in China now.

I am betting if you guys have a Leupold that isn't clear, it needs repair, might consider sending it to Leupold and see what they will do with it. Might send you a new one.

Rosewood

Geezer Ray

I am betting if you guys have a Leupold that isn't clear, it needs repair, might consider sending it to Leupold and see what they will do with it. Might send you a new one.

Rosewood

Just last week sent in my 85 year old dad"s Leupold for repairs. Its on his Ruger Mark II .270. He said he could only turn the zoom ring with a pair of pliers. Interesting to see what happens with that because you can see he wasn't lying about the pliers.

doomtrpr_z71

You'll be much happier I just bought that one myself.

BriarPatch99

Rosewood

Just last week sent in my 85 year old dad"s Leupold for repairs. Its on his Ruger Mark II .270. He said he could only turn the zoom ring with a pair of pliers. Interesting to see what happens with that because you can see he wasn't lying about the pliers.

Leopold will fix it or replace it ..... Don't t count on it being back in 2020 though ....

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a 2.5-10X50 VXIII I need to send back. Glass isn't clear, reticle is brown and fading, if you move it up 2 clicks it moves close to 2". I remember one time I sent one back to them twice in a month...wouldn't hold zero. It was a VX-3 4.5-14X40...$600 scope. First time they found no issue...put it back on...same issue. This time they emailed me prior to sending it back with just a note in the box... and said they found no issue. I told them since they weren't able to find an issue for them to just keep it. They returned a scope and it had a different serial number than the one I sent in....I turned around and listed it on eBay. I had another one too a 4.5-14X40AO Tactical...inside of 600 yards it was clear as a bell...at 900 it sure wans't...that one went quick on eBay too

Hillbilly stalker

I sent my Leopold in about 5 years ago. The glass would get condensation on the inside. Gas loss maybe ? And the zoom was really hard to adjust in cold weather. They gave it the "Spa treatment" and sent it back. The scope is fine...unfortunately I know its my eyes and lack of adjustability on the scope. If I put on reading glasses it looks a whole lot better. Its just better for me to have the large adjustment capabilities on the eye relief that newer scopes provide. Everyone else can see thru it fine. I know the Leopold is a much better scope....but what works works.

rosewood

Bought a set of Leupold Binos at Academy on clearance for $50. BX2 Acadia, were listed at about $320 at the time. Had tore rubber on it. Sent it in for $12 shipping, they sent me back a new pair. I am amazed at the quality of the binos. You can see in the dark incredibly well.

Rosewood

Latest posts