Has anyone hunted Mallard Place in AL??

Hunt'nDawg

I am going there over Thanksgiving weekend for a 3 day duck hunt and wanted to get some opinions on it. How were the shoots, guides, dogs???

tha troof

oh my lord!!!

i wish you had asked about it before you made plans. are you going to hunt on the property or are they going to take you out on public land where anyone can hunt for free? they are the biggest scam i have ever seen...... if you go and everyday you dont pull the trigger or even see a duck you will still be charged full price!

i hope you have a good hunt but if its not too late i would definetly look into somewhere else. i know the owner and everything about the place, i have been there, even had a membership, i have heard one or two shots fired total( i never got to pull the trigger) they will talk it up about all the different species they kill and the number of birds they kill( its all a lie ) and when you have a sorry hunt it will always be due to some unexpected factor, never because the place sucks and they dont have a clue what they are doing..... go to the refuge forums and ask about them on the alabama page, you will hear more than enough to let you know how they are!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
It is pretty good, but it does not compare to the sprig on the Coosa or Toona :cheers:

MudDucker

Staff member
I haven't heard anything good about the place.

Duckin

Hunt'nDawg said:
I am going there over Thanksgiving weekend for a 3 day duck hunt and wanted to get some opinions on it. How were the shoots, guides, dogs???

No.....Comment... ::gone:

Mamma always said ...If you can't say anything good....Keep your yap shut....I will listen to her on this one!! :bounce:

Last edited:

Duck's and Buck's

I have been over there 2 times once each of the past two yrs. I killed 2 ducks one time and 1 duck the other time. I used 4 shells the first time and 1 the last time. People were really nice and facilities and (duck holes look great) just not much there as to shooting ducks. Drive a couple extra hours and go stay at the popa duck lodge in St. Charles Ark. They got a web site. It is awesome and cost about the same. My 2$ worth. It is in Arkansas County(same as Stuttgart just less commercialized) Good Luck!!!!

Hunt'nDawg

Thanks for your help, I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully, we get lucky and have a few ducks come in.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
You always could opt to hit Juliette. Some fine shooting there if you catch it through the week, just make sure it is open, since they are closed a couple of days during the week.

Hunt'nDawg

Where on Juliette would you go? I am always looking for more places to hunt. I don't have large boat (12 jon boat), is this going to be a problem? I would prefer to find a cove and hunt from cover.

tha troof

i really hope you have a good hunt, im not trying to ruin it for you....... i just hate seein them rip folks off.

as far as the grounds, it is very comfortable sitting there while your not shooting. you will see lots of birds going back and forth on the refuge. the owner is a good con, he will be very nice to you!

one eye

juliette

hunt'ndawg juliette is not that good same as every other hole in georgia that holds a few ducks.lots of people and a few ducks!just my opinion