Has anyone hunter both Bond Swamp and Hannahatchee WMA?

Guitar Guy

I am thinking of taking a trip to either Bond Swamp or Hannahatchee after deer season to look for hogs. Has anyone hunted both, and if so, did one appear to have more hog activity than the other? Thanks.

oldfatbubba

I’ve hunted hogs successfully on Hannahatchee in prior years. I’ve found them around the dove field, along the power lines by the creek, and in the swampy areas just east of the shooting range.

I got my personal best hog on Bond Swamp. Pic attached. Got him about 100 yards away from the parking lot on the southern entrance.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 57

2dye4

This time of the year if you fine the food source you’ll find the hogs. Hannahatchee has tons of places.

deersled

I havent been this year but plan on going to hannahatchee this saturday. Plenty of sign last year and after talking with the property manager that place is loaded. Killed one last year but, like you said, it takes alot of miles to get "lucky". The topography of that place is pretty cool. One place you feel like youre in flat swamp land and the next youd think you were in north ga. Great place to go.

deersled

Hunted Saturday from 0630 to 1830. Beautiful day but disappointing hunt. Covered over 8 miles. The wind was jacked up (swirling like crazy) all stinking day. Very little sign. Slipped along creeks, pines, hilltops and hollows. Very little sign compared to last year I know DNR has been trapping for awhile. Seems like they may be getting really good at it, lol. Did not see another vehicle all day but I wasn't driving around much. Does anyone know if the hog population has dropped or what? I just had zero luck and the lack of sign is discouraging. I'm actually thinking of trying lanahasse or going down to chickasawhatchee next weekend. 12 hours zero hog sightings.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thinking of taking the Fiance soon and was just making sure it's small game weapons only right now correct? Thanks in advance!
I’m fairly certain you are correct . Good luck, plenty of options with small game weapons

deersled

You are correct, small game weapons. I tote a 22 mag. It can get "interesting" sometimes. You just have to be patient and be careful with your shot placement.