Heard County Buck Stops Here Report

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Me Dawn2Dusk and Mark (brother) were there for the opener. It was HOT and HUMID, but life was still good...after all we were hunting:)

Opening morn I saw a buck and 2 does, all from a distance..no idea on the bucks size it was almost daylight.

Andy saw 3 deer, 2 does and a wider than the ears 7 point.

Mark saw 2 does that eve, me and Andy shut out that eve. Although Andy did see 5 does and 2 bruisers in the pasture after dark!

Sunday I was shut out all day and Andy missed a doe in the evening (the almost famous barbed wire story).

The wind and squirrels (and some on their own) has the acorns raining!!

The food plots look absolutely amazing after only 7 days in the ground, some maybe 8 inches high,

We will be back at it soon.

Jim

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just an idea on how great our plots are looking...FOlks this is 7 days in the ground!!

Attachments

• turkeyplot.jpg
    turkeyplot.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 364

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
JT....Which plot is that ???......Where were the bruisers and what size ???

By the way the Pasture Buck may have been spotted Sat. evening ??...or could have been another large Boy......Definate 10 ...well outside ears....with very good height !!!! :clap: :cool: :shoot:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba, this is the "Turkey Plot" the new one we cut on the way down to the swamp, although all of them look like that. The doe Andy missed was at the boneyard plot just below camp.

The brutes Andy saw were standing in the pasture looking at each other beside the lone pine tree near the Church Road gate.

He said they were both real high! That makes about 5 bucks that have been seen this season (or just before) that are all shooters :bounce: :cool: :clap:

Jim

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Them big boys keep hanging out in the pasture near the dirt roadand we gonna start finding carcases with heads cut off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yep would not be bad if we could stand guard on the fence line.

BTW, Andy had a local in an old gray ranger steal a cooler out of the back of his truck while he was parked across from the gate (like going down to the new plot behind the church). They tried to get his climber as well, but he was yelling at them from the stand and they took off running.

trash!

Jim

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
One more pic or 2 of plots...

Attachments

• turkey plot from stand.jpg
    turkey plot from stand.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 88
  • campplot.jpg
    campplot.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 99
  • up close turkey plot.jpg
    up close turkey plot.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 83

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
errrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1...we need to leave them *(**&*&*&**^^^#@@##@###@##@#@ a special suprise in a cooler in the back of my truck ????!!!!!

Like a FAT Rattler ...or Copperhead...or a pipe bomb !!! :mad: :banginghe :shoot:

Hunk

TV for Bait

Hey Jim/Andy,

I have an old TV that's broken for bait you are welcome to use for bait. Bait up those guy, set in the deer stand and ... well... take video... or... do whatever... wait until gun season. :shoot:

Hunk

cat food

this is funny... when I was 20 I worked for a broker firm in downtown orlando. There was this dude who ate my lunch every day. I had tuna sandwich, lettuce, tomato, etc... didn't know who it was so... the next day after I had it stolen for about the 5th time (tried to staple my bag, write name on it, etc) I made my sandwich but used tuna cat food. Yep that's right... tuna cat food.

After it went missing again, I went around and looked everyone in the eye and told them what I did... everyone but one laughed.. the one that didn't laugh was mad. He was the culprit. So... I'd walk buy his office daily and say MEOW.... what a jerk... funny. he ate a nice old can of fancy feast cat food!!!!!!

can't think of something to do in this situation but it's a good idea.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hunk said:
he ate a nice old can of fancy feast cat food!!!!!!

can't think of something to do in this situation but it's a good idea.

We could put some fancy feast in the truck and wait....

ROFL Fancy Feast..hunk that is great!

jim

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hunter, You know where we are at and I am sure May would not have an issue with it.....school is for girls this time of year any way:D (kids dont read that last part unless you are a girl!)

Jim

How2fish

Jim those are some nice looking plots !