Help finding murderer of 11 year old.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
This is a cold case of the murderer of 11 y/o Levi Frady. He was found on Dawson Forrest WMA in 1997. Had been shot 2 times in the head and once in the chest. It was the opening day of dear season 1997. Any of you guys that hunted that area may have seen something that could help. Cold Case Files is doing a segment on him according to the Dawson News.

Local authorities are hoping an upcoming TV series on cold case files in Georgia will shed some new light on the murder of 11-year-old Levi Frady more than 17 years ago.

"We're hoping someone will remember something they didn't think was significant then or come forward with information that maybe they didn't tell then," said Dawson County Sheriff's spokesman Capt. Tony Wooten.

"Somebody knows whose responsible, so maybe this will encourage them to come forward."

Frady was last seen Oct. 22, 1997 on Little Mill Road, a well-traveled stretch between Hwys. 306 and 369, in northern Forsyth County.

His body was found a day later in the Dawson Forest Wildlife Management Area. The crime scene revealed he had been shot three times. No arrests have been made in the case.

Maj. Brandy Branson, who was the crime scene tech at the time, was interviewed last week by the film crew and will be featured in the episode.

According to Wooten, the cold case series is an investigative collaborative between the Center for Applied Forensics at Jacksonville State University, a retired police officer from Washington D.C. and a former prosecutor turned news reporter from Atlanta.

In addition to interviewing officers that worked the case, the crew also filmed on location where Frady was kidnapped in Cumming and in the Dawson Forest area where his body was located.

https://www.dawsonnews.com/magazine...inations-dawson-county-everyone-should-visit/

Here's a web page that's been set up dedicated to catching whoever did this

https://levifrady.com/

and here's the GBI's link including sketches of persons of interest.

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2017-10-22/levi-frady-case-20-years

Maybe someone out there remembers something from their deer hunting in or around the area that may help.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I always figured it was Gary Michael Hilton, the guy that murdered Meredith Hilton

That was in 2008. This child was killed in 1997.

Sixes

I remember all of these events and even the one near my home in Cherokee County in the mid 80s where the DeHart woman was murdered at what was the Army Barn in Toonigh

uturn

Terrible...prayers for the family that they find who or those responsible one day!

Devils do walk this earth with us!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Dang. I moved out from cumming back in '92 and came to live with my dad in the mountains. I was 12. I knew that Albert Samples dude. He was the oldest of three brothers. His mom and my mom were friends and they lived just a few houses down, off and on... I remember her baby sitting me when I was too young to stay by myself.

This Albert guy at 12 years old(I was probably 7 or so) would just snap at absolutely nothing and break everything in his path. One particular time, just for fun. He calls me over around the back of the house. His dad had some old school windows with the 6 inch glazed in grid about 4 deep stacked up there. He says watch this! And just punches through all 4 of one of the sections. Pulls his arm out and theres a little blood but not bad. All I said was "DANG! What you do that for, Your dad's gonna stretch his belt out on you for that" He says, You try it. It dont hurt. Its fun! I say no and he commenced to punching out every pane of glass in every window, sometimes having to punch twice to go through. His hand and arm was minced and runnin red with blood.

I ran home and told my mom what happened and I never went back unless Albert wasn't there. His younger brothers were normal. One was about 3 years older than me and the youngest was my age. Ain't no tellin what they went through in their childhood.

Back in the 80's in that area. It was called shakerag. There was some rough folks down in there and a lot of those rough folks migrated north into Dawson area in the 90's when that particular area started growing.

Sixes

I always knew and heard this was a screwed up case, but after reading the content on the website, I think it is more of a cover up than a screw up.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My wife watches these cold case files shows a lot! It wouldn't be my first choice but I do watch them with her.
It is truly amazing how these detectives and forensic teams can sometimes solve a case by the smallest, oddest evidence! Any time someone may have a legit little clue no matter how acute they think it be, please always speak up and let detectives know.

BamaGeorgialine

My wife's first cousin was the first person to figure out how to get DNA from a hair without having a root attached. He's also a professor at Cal State Berkeley and now works hand in hand with the FBI solving unsolved murders. I can't imagine having a cooler or more fulfilling job than his. He's by far the most intelligent person that I've ever met besides maybe his wife who is a genealogist and professor as well. As down to earth as anyone could be. He can't talk about active cases although I ask anyway. He's a UGA graduate and all he wants to talk about is the Dawgs and the Braves.