HELP WITH SOME FISH PLEASE.

Big7

The Oracle
I have several 3- 4 pounds of Dolphin, AKA
Mahi Mahi I like to hear some ideas from off the beaten trail.

I had grilled fish last night and grilled steak the night before. Don't get me wrong, I could eat every meal off the grill but I have so much Dolphin right now, I willing to take a chance because if I ness it up, I got plenty. Reminds me of when I lived in Floor- Duh. :bounce:

I'm feeling something Greek or Mediterranean and I can go to the store if I need to pick up something.

Thanks!
20230925_171255.jpg20230925_182142.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Dust with ground cayenne, salt, roll in cornmeal, fry till they float in 350 degree peanut oil, jalapeno-onion hushpuppies, cheese grits, pickles and onions, key lime pie for dessert.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Ceviche

Or sushi

Saw you can't go to the store...

My buddy did something like this with his when we went to Florida to visit

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Fish taco with dolphin always a hit around here
Wound up with something at least on a soft tortilla. Made a little Pico de Gallo and added some fresh cut off the cob white corn (barely cooked through) cause' I already had everything but I had to use lemon cause' I didn't have lime. Big blob of sour cream on top.
Those were ripe slicing tomatoes too. Wasn't quite sure where this was going but it wasn't bad at all. Probably could have used some more color on those white plates. :bounce:
Washed it down with a from scratch Virgin Mary.

I saved the thick middle part of that fillet to do something else with when I had a little bit better plan.
20230925_185017.jpg20230925_213249.jpg

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Add some lemon buerre blanc sauce, and it goes to a whole 'nuther level.

Big7

The Oracle
Add some lemon buerre blanc sauce, and it goes to a whole 'nuther level.
That's a go to when I do grilled Salmon and even Salmon patties but just never got around to trying it on Dolphin.

Might just hafta' do that and have it with some white rice. You done flung the craving.
:cheers:

DynamicDennis

Last time I bought a filet like that from big wal mart, it smelled so bad I threw it out. Was mushy and slimy. Always buy the frozen stuff at publix, and don't have any issues. Especially when its on sale.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I bought a filet like that from big wal mart, it smelled so bad I threw it out. Was mushy and slimy. Always buy the frozen stuff at publix, and don't have any issues. Especially when its on sale.
Ingles has good quality frozen seafood, too.

Big7

The Oracle
Just got a good size fillet out and skint it for tomorrow. Prolly get some good bread and have
Po Boys' or maybe Fish Tacos. I got some salsa and corn to do street corn.
20230928_183605.jpg

Latest posts