High School Derby at Hartwell

ghadarits

I was a boat captain for a couple of young ladies this past weekend for the GHSA tournament on Hartwell. I was asked by a friend to help out a friend of his daughter and her partner. I was a little hesitant due to the fact that they were girls and had only fished out of a boat twice before and those were their two previous tournaments. They were not very experienced fisher gals but listened to what I was telling them and ended up doing pretty well. I was the most impressed with the fact that they were able to pick up two not so easy techniques and make them work for them. They first learned to walk the dog and later learned how to skip baits under docks. They weighed fish from both techniques.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7675.jpeg
    IMG_7675.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 35

ghadarits

I honestly believe if I had been able to pre fish with them they would’ve made the top 10. They had the bites to be in the running for the win but inexperience cost them three good fish that would have added 5-6 pounds to their total. I think they boated 14 fish for the day but we only had 4 keepers in the live well.