PSJ offshore

pottydoc

Went after the snapper Friday afternoon and Saturday. We left the dock about 1:30 on Friday, so didn't go very far. First stop was in 80'. It usually has fish on it, and it didn't fail this trip. A three person limit of decent reds and a couple of mangos and we headed back in. Saturday we were gonna make a long run (70 miles), but decided to stop at 30 or so and "check" to see if there were fish. There were, so we never made the 70 mile run. Probably a good thing since one motor went down after about 3 hours or so. Not sure what was wrong, but we still had two that were running fine, so we stayed where we were and boxed a 5 man limit. We released anything under about 20", and wound up with 10 legal ones from 5-15 lbs. We caught 14 red grouper, 8 or so were legal, but had to release them since they were out of season. We didn't catch a single gag of any size. We caught several Bee liners and a couple porgy's also. The boat belongs to one of my buds, a 36 Grady CC with trip 350's for power. We cruised around 30 mph on the way in on the two working motors. I was impressed with the performance of the Yamahas. It's a big boat, 12'6" beam I think with 5 guys, a box full of fish, a bunch of fuel and ice. I still wouldn't buy them, but can't deny the performance.