Hillard WMA

Bob Mex

Does anyone have any food for thought about hunting this new Hillard WMA land. Scouted it some about a week ago and a lot of cut over tracts. Looking at bow hunting in a new area but was Hillard a prior club at one time. Looks like pines were clear cut not to long ago. Tough to bow hunt fringes.

Mac

Following responses, plan to apply for youth hunt for my son.

Curtis

Got drawn for the Oct. 31 - Nov 2 hunt with my sons. Looking forward to seeing reports on this new track. Did a brief "drive-by" scouting on it and looks like some easy access and interesting spots, but no telling what the herd is like.
Any info will be welcome. Thanks.

Mac

I got the Oct 31 hunt and my son got the Nov 9-10. Hope to do a little scouting this weekend after our dove hunt on Standing Boy Creek.

JHannah92

My group was drawn for the 2nd gun hunt. I've walked it some, most of the property seems to be planted pines of all age classes. Going to bow hunt and scout it a lot the next few weeks.

Bob Mex

My group was drawn for the 2nd gun hunt. I've walked it some, most of the property seems to be planted pines of all age classes. Going to bow hunt and scout it a lot the next few weeks.
Get back with us here on the form about your findings Stay safe

JHannah92

No idea how many were killed. 2 bucks killed by my group of 5. Saw several others come back into the camping area.