Home built camper

7 point

I got a buddy looking into building a skid type hunting camper 8x14 that be wenched onto a equipment trailer. Has anyone done anything like this?

greg j

Why not just by one of those pre-fab buildings ? You can sometimes pick one up really cheap. They are repo's or returns and usually sell really cheap. They can be
winched onto a trailer.

Artfuldodger

I had thought about doing one more like this but letting the sides and front stick over the top of the trailer. Just to give me a little more room inside.
261e469d4b6572380a466060f61817e7.jpg

Buck70

Buy a repo shed that is pre-wired and they will deliver it where you want it. You can winch it on a trailer when you are ready to move it.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Or just build the trailer itself...Here's mine.

I made it all modular inside so it can be quickly converted for any type use.
Most of the time it is camper/gear hauler. When I need it to be a standard cargo trailer, everything clips out of the wall mounted vertical e-track and "presto". cargo trailer again. Instead of kayaks and mountain bikes, maybe the 4 wheeler and hunting gear. Unload at camp, convert to sleeping space, and game on. When you need to secure everything, lock it up, and you are set.

I also had it built for extra ground clearance for forest service roads etc.

normaldave's 7x16 Cargo Trailer Conversion

Last edited:

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I looked into building one over the last few years and the time and material expenses ran me off. During COVID, recreational vehicles have risen in sales by more than 4000%. My goal is to wait it out and then buy them on the cheap almost unused in 2021.