Honey Dipper

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Stayed with my wife's uncle recently and he has a honey business. Thought I would turn him a honey dipper. Walnut finished in beeswax.

IMG_0041.jpg

Last edited:

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
I might need to get you to make me one next year when I harvest my 1st honey

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
That's his stuff right there, he's in central florida and has some really good products.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I might need to get you to make me one next year when I harvest my 1st honey

I'm thinking about getting a 3 or so hives after we find our new home. He said if you have 1 you might as well have 3 so you can take from a strong one and help out the weak one if one is struggling. Seems like a fun thing to get into and cool way to teach kids about nature.

georgia_home

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
I'm thinking about getting a 3 or so hives after we find our new home. He said if you have 1 you might as well have 3 so you can take from a strong one and help out the weak one if one is struggling. Seems like a fun thing to get into and cool way to teach kids about nature.

I'm getting my 1st 2 hives in about a month. Looking forward to this adventure

stringmusic

Nice! You done a good job on that for sure

Anvil Head

Gosh that brings back some memories. My dad kept between 5 and 8 hives all the time. My sibs didn't want anything to do with them, but I helped him all the time. Not my fav pasttime but would dearly love to have those times back now.
I made him a few dippers but he kept them on a shelf not wanting to get them "sticky". He always said "Boy, you got five dippers on each hand. Besides if you harvest and cut the comb just right you don't need one."
Don't miss the honey, bees, or the constant sticky all that much but I sure miss him!

nkbigdog

Looks great can't wait until I can get some more Sour Wood Honey, I am afraid with all this rain it may hurt the production..Keeping my fingers crossed