How "bout a Good Laugh!

wvdawg

Staff member
My youngest grandson (11) is an aspiring basketball player so he was quizzing me about playing basketball in high school. We dug out this old black and white of me - about 50 years and 100 pounds ago! Good looking kid - wonder what happened?

Ya'll be nice . . .

IMG_1840 copy 5x7R.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
About the only thing Jerry West and I had in common was we grew up in the same state! He was down there in Cabin Creek - I was up there in Punkin Center! He was one of the greats!

wvdawg

Staff member
And don't forget Barney Fife!

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice wrist bands:p

:cool: Yep - they came with the uniform! We also got the Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors too. Coach let us keep the shoes after each season. Only kids in school with Chuck Taylors on were basketball players!

bilgerat

Senior
:cool: Yep - they came with the uniform! We also got the Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors too. Coach let us keep the shoes after each season. Only kids in school with Chuck Taylors on were basketball players!
I was a Pete Maravich fan , had the shaggy hair with the head band and socks scrunched down around My ankles. Nick name on my jersey was hotdog cause I dribbled behind my back a lot like Pete.

wvdawg

Staff member
Pistol Pete was one of my favorites too!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Man, I bet you averaged 40 points a game! :bounce:

:cheers:

wvdawg

Staff member
Dang Dennis,deadly virus,...now this:oops:

Just trying to get your mind off that virus stuff - hope this don't stick in your head too long Jerry! :eek:

wvdawg

Staff member
Dang man,,,,a good stiff wind would blow you away,,,,? ? ? ?

Weren't enough surface area there for the wind to catch hold! I was a skinny dude growing up - but I overcame that issue! :D

LOVEMYLABXS

The ladies seem to like that! :cool:

I was thinkin the same thing but more over kind of wondered ya got that much hair on your head still???::ke:::ke::biggrin2: