Another Ghost Story

Redbow

I will start off by saying that the Holy Bible mentions Ghosts many times in scripture. The Old Testament just a few times. The New Testament over 90 times. Just what the Ghosts mentioned in the Holy Bible means I don't know but its surely open for discussion if people want to do so.

I was visiting with my Mom up in Johnston County NC where I was born and raised. My Nieces were there my Sister their Mom was off on one of her business trips so my Mom was keeping the girls until my Sister came back from her trip. We were all sitting in the den talking when somehow the subject of Ghosts came up I don't remember just how the conversation came to be. One of my Nieces spoke up and said, Uncle Wayne there is something in your old room and we don't play in there anymore. My Mom chimed in and said, well you girls have told me about this before and I don't know what's wrong with you two. I ain't never seen nothing strange in Uncle Wayne's old room.

Both girls turned to me and said, we have tried to tell Grandma that there really is something strange living in your old room but she doesn't believe us. We never go into you old room anymore there is some kind of Ghost or spirit that has taken up residence in there. Both of us are scared to even go into you old room anymore. I knew that the girls were sincere and I told them well whatever it is its not going to harm anyone we are upsetting your Grandma so lets just talk about something else. I told them I did believe what they told me though and by me saying that it gave the girls a bit of satisfaction that someone believed them about what they encountered in my old room.

I have believed in Ghosts for a very long time in my life some may call me foolish or whatever but that's okay. I have learned over the years that I am not the only one who believes in Ghosts and several people have told me about their encounters with a Ghost, spirit or whatever it was they came into contact with over the years.

Now, I was staying with my Mom maybe a year or so before she died helping to take care of her while my Sister was away on business. While visiting my Mom I always slept in my old room in her house that I spent my teen years in. We built the house my Stepdad and I in 1960-61. I started high school in '61 that's when we moved into our new house out in the country near Micro NC.

I was sleeping in my old room it was about 1am in the morning when I awoke to a bright red light over my closet door up next to the ceiling. Then suddenly there were two red lights kinda like glowing eyes in the dark. Then the red glowing objects started to move to the right and stopped when they got into the corner of my room, still up close to the ceiling. For just a few moments I lay there in my bed looking at the lights and wondering what they were. I reasoned well whatever it is I can't do anything about it so I turned over and went back to sleep the glowing red lights didn't scare me at all. The next morning I didn't mention what I saw to my Mom.

About a month later I was back visiting with my Mom again and sleeping in my old bedroom when I woke up and over my closet door was a red glowing light and a white glowing light side by side. I said to myself, oh back again huh? Then just like the lights did before they moved over to the corner of my bedroom again up next to the ceiling and just hovered there. And again I watched the lights to see if they were going to move again, they did not so I turned over on my left side away from the lights and went back to sleep. I just figured the lights were harmless and again I wasn't afraid of them, just curious.

Two weeks later I was back at my Mom's house again sleeping in my old room. I was sleeping on my right side facing my bedroom door I kept it open because sometimes at night my Mom would wake up feeling badly brought on by her diabetes. She would get up and call me telling me that she needed help. I would help her into the den and get her some orange juice to drink then help her back to her bedroom when she got to feeling okay again and she would go back to sleep.

Okay, like I said I was sleeping in my old bed on my right side facing the door when suddenly I woke up for whatever reason. Usually when I wake up at night it means its time for me to go to the bathroom. But not this night, when I woke up there was a woman standing beside my bed. She had long flowing hair and a long dress on like my Grandmother used to wear long years ago. I could not clearly see the woman's face her image looked to be a very light misty green and semi-transparent. Again I wasn't scared by what I saw I stared at the image beside me for a moment or two than I reached out my left hand to touch whatever it was. As soon as I extended my hand towards the image she disappeared, gone leaving me to wonder what had I seen.

I do not know what I saw but I saw it and I wasn't dreaming I was wide awake during all three of the encounters that I experienced in my Mom's house now years ago. I told my Sister about what I saw three times while visiting with my Mother but I never mentioned the encounters to my Mother. My Sister told me you saw what my girls have seen in your old bedroom. She also asked, do you think the Ghost was Grandma, my sister was referring to my Mom's Mother, she lived with us several years before she died.

I went on to tell my Sister that I didn't know if the Ghost was Grandma or not I could not plainly see her face but she was small in statue and her hair and her dress and her size sure was a good image of our now long dead Grandmother. Who knows what I saw those three times, I surely do not. My Nieces know what I saw but not what it was they had seen the same thing years before I saw it. We never told my Mom about my encounters with the unknown, she would have said, well now you have all gone crazy.

I do know that strange things happen in this world that I certainly cannot explain. I really have no idea if anyone can.

Resica

Goodness. After nieces telling you what they told you, I doubt I'd ever sleep again after what you saw. Nice story!

SarahFair

I've seen the glowing light too, it was white and free floating.

My cousins were living in my great grandmother's house at the time. My oldest cousin stayed in the upstairs back corner room where my great grandmother stayed before going to the nursing home. My sister and I were spending the night one night, up late, laughing and giggling with my cousins, in the dark, when a bright light captured all of our attention. It swooped from one end of the closest, down, hovered for a second, then went to the other side of the closet and was gone (one of those closest that extends the whole wall and has those sliding doors).
We all ducked under the covers and tried to leach sense if what we just saw.

It was almost like the LED bright white headlights of today (not blinding, just that kid of white) and it wasn't projected on the wall as if a headlight or a flash light, it was like a condensed floating ball.

Dr. Strangelove

When I was probably 9 or 10, my childhood cat was run over and killed in the road in front of the house. The next morning, at the same time he would usually come in and wake me up, I felt woke up to something jumping on my bed.

I looked up and there was a transparent white cat walking across my bedroom floor. It walked into my closet and disappeared.

It wasn't frightening, just felt like he had come to say goodbye.

hawkeye123

Was staying at a buddys house in Greenville Ga..big ole antebellum 5 bedroom house built in 1880's..was a hospital in 1890's to 1930's when a Doctor lived there..so several folks passed there ..noticed floor creaked in hall walking to bathroom at bedtime..we are getting up early to go hunting in am..bout 0330 wake up to hear hallway creaking..my buddy & his wife have their own bathroom so I think its his 13-14 yr old daughter getting up..look down the hall no body is up..went back to bed here it again jump up Sig in hand..nothing..tell them about it at bfast they all laugh really eerily..just got up & drove the hour to his 300 acre Meriwether Co. Tract after that! Didnt spend night anymore

wife passed on the 3 of march last year and I went to sleep in a recliner in front of the bedroom where she passed, in about 3 weeks later. while i was sleeping i heard her call me 3 times each time getting louder the way she had done to let me know I had to help her to the bathroom and I was not dreaming. About 2 months later my son was getting a shower and when he came out I asked him if he had been messing with his mother's perfume and he said no. I would have sworn she was standing next to me as i could smell her perfume so strong this was while i was watching the 600 pm news and i know i was not dreaming
when my grandmother died her picture fell off the wall and a big blue spark came down the hall from where her picture fell .. who knows what is out there we can't see or hear?

Redbow

A dental assistant that I once knew told me her husband was killed in a car wreck. She was sleeping one night after her man died when she woke up and there he was right beside her bed. She went on to say that she couldn't touch or hold her man he was in the form of a ghost but he told her that everything was okay with him and for her not to worry things will be just fine. That lady surely believed in ghosts and she was quick to tell you so if the subject came up.

SarahFair

My uncles long time girlfriend was in the bathroom shortly after his death (within a day or two), said she heard him call her name and then briefly saw him from the bathroom door.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
wife passed on the 3 of march last year and I went to sleep in a recliner in front of the bedroom where she passed, in about 3 weeks later. while i was sleeping i heard her call me 3 times each time getting louder the way she had done to let me know I had to help her to the bathroom and I was not dreaming. About 2 months later my son was getting a shower and when he came out I asked him if he had been messing with his mother's perfume and he said no. I would have sworn she was standing next to me as i could smell her perfume so strong this was while i was watching the 600 pm news and i know i was not dreaming
when my grandmother died her picture fell off the wall and a big blue spark came down the hall from where her picture fell .. who knows what is out there we can't see or hear?
Sorry to hear of her passing. We’re often quick to say someone is looking down Over us, but I wonder if we forget just how true that may be. I’ve honestly never had anything similar happen to me. At least not that I can remember. Lots of nostalgic moments, and a few clearly answered prayers, but nothing like yours.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don't believe they are looking down on us. To me that's not what Heaven is about. I did have some weird things happen when my Mama went to Heaven. The day before I visited her and she said she hadn't seen her deer in the back yard in a while. We live the next street over. The night she died, H22 and I were sitting on the front porch around 3 in the morning. A HUGE buck came walking down the street from her house in the middle of the street. Sounded like a horse walking. He stopped right in front of our house and turned to look at us. I swear he even nodded. For months after she left this world my phone would ring everyday at 4:30 on the dot. Nobody on the line. She always called me at 4:30 before H22 got home. Weird stuff.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don't believe they are looking down on us. To me that's not what Heaven is about. I did have some weird things happen when my Mama went to Heaven. The day before I visited here and she said she hadn't seen her deer in the back yard in a while. We live the next street over. The night she died, H22 and I were sitting on the front porch around 3 in the morning. A HUGE buck came walking down the street from her house in the middle of the street. Sounded like a horse walking. He stopped right in front of our house and turned to look at us. I swear he even nodded. For months after she left this world my phone would ring everyday at 4:30 on the dot. Nobody on the line. She always called me at 4:30 before H22 got home. Weird stuff.

I don`t believe people in Heaven can look down and see us or earth either. Heaven is supposed to be a happy and joyous place. If our departed could look down on earth as it is today, I don`t think they would be happy seeing all this.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don`t believe people in Heaven can look down and see us or earth either. Heaven is supposed to be a happy and joyous place. If our departed could look down on earth as it is today, I don`t think they would be happy seeing all this.
Exactly.

Redbow

A friend of mine wanted me to go play music with him and some guys that I did not know at the time. Of course I went they live not very far away from us. The guy who owned the property had a huge garage with a large wood heater in the center of the building. It was cold weather but nice and cozy in there with that big heater going. We played a few songs then refreshments that the ladies had prepared for us a big assortment of good things for us guys to eat were brought in.

As we enjoyed the food a guy spoke up and asked the owner of the property if his Dad had ever come back to see him again. The man replied no he hasn't and I don't know if he ever will. Then the man explained to us that his Dad had died a couple years ago but not long after his Dad died he came back one day in the form of a ghost when he was alone in his shop playing his Dobro. He said his Dad told him that he had been watching and listening to him play the Dobro for a few minutes. He said his Dad also told him Son, you are pretty good with that Dobro but you got a good ways to go before you are as good as the old man.

With that the man said he Dad turned and walked thru the wall and was gone, leaving him to wonder what had just happened. He said he had not seen his Dad since that incident but was hoping too. I don't know very strange things I'm quite sure things like that have happened to lots of folks but they won't ever talk about it..