Ghost story

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
My wife believes in haints and biggfeets. I just dont care. After my papaw died in 1992, no one ever slept in his bed again. Late 2000's, I was visiting my uncle (who now has the house) and slept right in his bed.

Got up the next morning and my uncle asked 'did you see dad'? My reply, nope but I would love to see that ole man again. Currently up at my shack in the hills- Im sure that there has been a lot that went down in this house (140 years old deep in the heart of coal and railroad country). Best sleep that I ever had. About the only thing you see up here is a roaming pillbilly ever once and again. They are way scarier than haints, I guarantee it. They even found one neked one in the storm drain 20' off my front porch last year. Pillbillies up to no good dont make it far in life deep in Appalachia. :bounce:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
My wife believes in haints and biggfeets. I just dont care. After my papaw died in 1992, no one ever slept in his bed again. Late 2000's, I was visiting my uncle (who now has the house) and slept right in his bed.

Got up the next morning and my uncle asked 'did you see dad'? My reply, nope but I would love to see that ole man again. Currently up at my shack in the hills- Im sure that there has been a lot that went down in this house (140 years old deep in the heart of coal and railroad country). Best sleep that I ever had. About the only thing you see up here is a roaming pillbilly ever once and again. They are way scarier than haints, I guarantee it. They even found one neked one in the storm drain 20' off my front porch last year. Pillbillies up to no good dont make it far in life deep in Appalachia. :bounce:
X2 on the pillbillies, found a few DOA around here, especially when fentynol first came out.

Back pack gang on 20" bicycles with a hoodie.

Stob

X2 on the pillbillies, found a few DOA around here, especially when fentynol first came out.

Back pack gang on 20" bicycles with a hoodie.
This little sleepy town is supposedly covered up in haints. It was the B&O headquarters, first soldier killed in the Civil War was here (next town over was Confederate, this one Union and a funny story), Labor Union controlled, fine China manufacturer, and of course, that 'hot burnin' coal with the orange veins runnin through it brought lots and lots of $$$ back then (1850's-1970's). Population is now ~4,000 and declining. Some interesting cemetery's around town. It's definitely a place where the Union and Confederate divide ran deep and to this day hasn't fully recovered.

buckpasser

Well, I didn’t start the thread to take a strong stand on ghosts or haunted houses. As I said, they don’t interest me for the most part. This strange place just came into my life and I thought I’d share. I definitely didn’t want my son to be scared or for my wife to think someone was watching us. It just is what it is.

Here’s to being thankful I’m not in the land of pillbillies.

WOODIE13

Here’s to being thankful I’m not in the land of pipillbillies.

Yet, they can pop up at any time. Methican Americans, tweekers, pillbillies all run in cycles

Last edited:

Stob

Well, I didn’t start the thread to take a strong stand on ghosts or haunted houses. As I said, they don’t interest me for the most part. This strange place just came into my life and I thought I’d share. I definitely didn’t want my son to be scared or for my wife to think someone was watching us. It just is what it is.

Here’s to being thankful I’m not in the land of pillbillies.
I love these story's so thanks for posting the thread and didn't mean to hijack.

buckpasser

I love these story's so thanks for posting the thread and didn't mean to hijack.

Oh, no problem! I just didn’t want to be thought of as a “that guy”. It just is what it is.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

My county has been hainted by pillbillies for a couple decades now, too. They make your belongings disappear.

buckpasser

@Stob @WOODIE13 @NCHillbilly

It seems like they would eventually just die off? How long can a person be a toothless Meth zombie for without it killing them? If I was to even try it I’d probably OD and die that day.

WOODIE13

@Stob @WOODIE13 @NCHillbilly

It seems like they would eventually just die off? How long can a person be a toothless Meth zombie for without it killing them? If I was to even try it I’d probably OD and die that day.
You would think, but they are like ever ready and keep on going.

We were just talking about that earlier, especially with the addition of fentynol to heroine and meth, some do die from OD, but they will accept the risk for increased and longer high.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You would think, but they are like ever ready and keep on going.

We were just talking about that earlier, especially with the addition of fentynol to heroine and meth, some do die from OD, but they will accept the risk for increased and longer high.
I would post that Ian Noe Methhead song, but it has dirty words in it. Google it.

jbogg

Back in the mid 1980s I was a student at the University of Georgia. A couple of my buddies and I rented an old house on Milledge Avenue that was right next-door to one of the sorority houses. The home was built in the early 1920s, and had a giant wraparound front porch with a huge heavy wooden door with old brass hardware. I worked as a house boy at the sorority next-door, serving dinner to the girls. It didn’t pay much, but we got free food, and there are worse places to work than a sorority house when your a young fella.

One Saturday night my girlfriend and I had my place to ourselves. She was in the sorority, and I had met her not long after I started working there. All of my roommates ended up out of town that weekend. One was on the road with his band playing at another college, the other was on The UGA rugby team, and had an away game out of town, and my third roommate had gone home for the weekend.

It was around 1 AM and we had just gone to bed. While we were laying there talking, we clearly heard the heavy front door of the house swing open and then shut loudly. The front door opened directly into the living room, and my bedroom was adjacent to that. As soon as the door shut, we heard footsteps walk from the door immediately past my bedroom door which was closed, and down the hall towards the kitchen. The house was very old, and the wooden floors made everything echo loudly. I believed that maybe one of my roommates had come back into town, but I thought it odd that no lights had been turned on which we would have easily seen under the big gap beneath the door. I immediately got out of bed and went to see which of my roommates had returned home unexpectedly. I opened my bedroom door to find that the house was pitch black dark, and completely silent. I turned on the lights as I walked towards the kitchen, only to find no one there. After inspecting the entire house I returned to my bedroom definitely on edge since there was no question about what we had heard.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case, but back in those days every sorority had a house mother that lived on the premises, and acted almost like a chaperone. Not long after the strange encounter I was working at the sorority house and I was chatting with the house mother who was probably in her mid 50s at the time. I had never spent much time around her, since I was normally back in the kitchen, and she did not realize until that moment that I lived just next-door. She asked me if I knew anything about the history of the house that I was renting, and when I told her I did not, she proceeded to tell me about a teenage girl who had unfortunately taken her own life in the home back in the 1950s. Apparently the house mother knew the family, and had gone to school with the girl.

I don’t know if that tragic event had anything to do with the strange occurrence that my girlfriend and I had witnessed, but I would’ve been totally fine having never known that sad history. As far as I know, neither myself nor my roommates, had any additional strange encounters, but one of my roommates got pretty sketched out once he learned the history of the house, and I’m embarrassed to say that we took advantage of that weakness, and Pranked him pretty good a couple of times. That’s a story for another day. As a sidenote, that cute girl that I was dating has now been my wife for 35 years, and she can vouch for the story.

Last edited:

WOODIE13

My oldest grandson had an experience at McClintic WMA just above Pt Pleasant a couple years ago after a youth waterfowl hunt. End of the day, we walked back to the truck and he said he couldn't find his phone, wasn't that far and still light, told him to take a flashlight and go look for it where we were hunting. He was gone about 10 minutes and I found it in the pocket on the shooting vest he was wearing. I walked to the intersection and see the him, holler and tell him I found it so he starts walking back with the light on. All of the sudden the light is closing fast and I mean light speed. He gets to me, white as a ghost and breathing hard.

Once he catches his breath he proceeds to tell me about one the bunker steel blast doors started squeaking and opened as he walked by, and mind you, the doors weigh a couple thousand pounds and the bunkers were used as an ammo supply point during WWII. They hadn't used it since the 70s after one exploded, but the still remain.

That day also happens to be the Mothman Festival and they haul bus loads of seekers out to the bunkers to look for the Mothman. I'm sure that added to the moment as well.

Screenshot_20231224_003333_Google.jpg

Last edited: