Man have things changed around here

Gav-n-Tn

Saw an item in the Classifieds yesterday. Sent a message. Called the number and left a voicemail. Then, texted. Seller texted back and said the item was available. I said “I’ll take it” and told them to call when they got a chance and we could work out the details. Didn’t hear from them yesterday so I sent another text this morning. Just heard back and said it was sold? I remember when “I’ll take it” on here was all it took and both parties knew they had a deal. Man have things changed here. Nothing out in the open. That used to show the whole membership who could keep their word and who couldn’t. SMH

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Saw an item in the Classifieds yesterday. Sent a message. Called the number and left a voicemail. Then, texted. Seller texted back and said the item was available. I said “I’ll take it” and told them to call when they got a chance and we could work out the details. Didn’t hear from them yesterday so I sent another text this morning. Just heard back and said it was sold? I remember when “I’ll take it” on here was all it took and both parties knew they had a deal. Man have things changed here. Nothing out in the open. That used to show the whole membership who could keep their word and who couldn’t. SMH
The classifieds are not associated with the forums any longer. That stopped when the swap and sell went away. You dealings are not necessarily with members of this forum.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As Ruger said, the classified have nothing to do with "here."

Gav-n-Tn

The classifieds are not associated with the forums any longer. That stopped when the swap and sell went away. You dealings are not necessarily with members of this forum.
That’s good to know. I’ve been on here going on 15 years and -with the exception of one years ago- I’ve never had an issue with any member.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
That’s good to know. I’ve been on here going on 15 years and -with the exception of one years ago- I’ve never had an issue with any member.
I've heard this has been an ongoing issue lately across the board on social media sites.
Especially sales sites.
Sign of the times I guess.
I've got a lot of stuff that is completely unused or very lightly used that certain other people could get cheap from me or free for that matter.
But no way I'm taking the hassle of putting it out there in the public.
My local charity will probably get it... not salvation army or goodwill...

I'd like to ask a mod here if it would be okay just to put it out there on here as a pay it forward thread.... Come and get it type thing and maybe leave me a trade item that I can give to the next guy.
Would seem like a good way to meet a few more of our members...

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I've heard this has been an ongoing issue lately across the board on social media sites.
Especially sales sites.
I've got a lot of stuff that is completely unused or very lightly used that certain other people could get cheap from me or free for that matter.

I'd like to ask a mod here if it would be okay just to put it out there on here as a pay it forward thread.... Come and get it type thing and maybe leave me a trade item that I can give to the next guy.
That's what this forum is for. Not for "selling", but if you want to offer it up as a "pay it forward" or obviously trade, you should be good. Mods please correct if I'm mistaken in that.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Especially sales sites.

You can generally post up free stuff, giveaways without issue. If you want to trade stuff do it here.

I just traded some brass I couldn’t use to a member for a caliber I could use. Couldn’t have went smoother.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
You can generally post up free stuff, giveaways without issue. If you want to trade stuff do it here.

I just traded some brass I couldn’t use to a member for a caliber I could use. Couldn’t have went smoother.
Ya, I've still got that opened box of 1000 9 mm bullets for you we talked about tradin. I figured if it was more urgent we would have met on that by now, we just never made a move.
But they're still on my bench and I need to downsize...
I'll PM you my number again, and maybe when Roswell is convenient for you, you can stop by or meet me fer lunch... I can roll pretty conveniently to Marietta or woodstock too...

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Ya, I've still got that opened box of 1000 9 mm bullets for you we talked about tradin. I figured if it was more urgent we would have met on that by now, we just never made a move.
But they're still on my bench and I need to downsize...
I'll PM you my number again, and maybe when Roswell is convenient for you, you can stop by or meet me fer lunch... I can roll pretty conveniently to Marietta or woodstock too...
Yep, PM me your number, I’ll put your digits in my phone. I know I’ll be down that way the 25th for a doc appt.