Strange Encounter

Taco4x4

Like to share my experience from last night.
Well I hunt bow only public land kinda in the middle of nowhere. I went yesterday afternoon to a new spot on the far end of the property where I saw a few deer last Sunday afternoon. Ok this is where it gets weird. First time sitting there after I get down I am getting my stuff together for the walk out and its dark now and I see a light shining through the trees from a walking trail above me. No big deal hey its public. He has no idea I am there and continues down the path which leads to the property line and goes out of site in the private. I walked back to my truck and went home.

Next time I hunted this area I got down and started out without my light at first to see if my buddy with the light showed up and sure enough there he was on the same trail again. This time I turned on my head lamp and walked out never thinking about the other guy. Half way back to the truck which is about 1.5 mile walk all together I look to my left and can see a light about 75 yards in. When I shined mine on him he turned his toward me. Now I am on a dirt road steady walking and he has fallowed me a half mile or more through thick woods and kept up with me. Once again I shook it off and finished off my walk got to my truck and went home.

Now last night I will never forget. I hunted seen one little deer and got down and started walking out in the dark with no headlamp. Got to about the same spot as other two times and sure enough I see that light. It was an old looking light. Had a orange tent to it like the old school flashlights had. He is moving so slow and my mind is thinking crazy things like what if he has thermal imaging and he is actually out here night hunting. About that time I step on a stick and CRACK. His light goes black. O crap he knows I'm hear now. I reach for my pistol and I don't have one in the chamber so I go to rack it and my clip falls out. Yes it did. Hands and knees feeling around and ok got it. With one in the chamber I decide to just turn my light on and get out of here. Turned mine on started walking and looked to my left and there he was light on walking step for step with me. my path and his meet ahead about 100 yards and I decide I will just talk to this guy. I get to were they meet and he is no where around.

Ok I am out of here. I start fast walking on the road leading to my truck. I just had to look to my left and my heart dropped there was his light in the thick wood keeping up with me. I would walk a bit turn my head and there he is. After a few more looks I didn't see the light any more. Started feeling a little relief till I looked closer and could see the glass from his light that was off shinning back at me from my headlamp. We went step for step for over half a mile. I even started yelling whats your problem man. I honestly thought this is it. I didn't want to shoot the guy but yes it crossed my mind. Got to my truck and flew out of there.

Any idea what or why someone would do this. I am going back today and put up a few cell cameras. You can bet I will be out of there way before dark.

krizia829

Like to share my experience from last night.
Well I hunt bow only public land kinda in the middle of nowhere. I went yesterday afternoon to a new spot on the far end of the property where I saw a few deer last Sunday afternoon. Ok this is where it gets weird. First time sitting there after I get down I am getting my stuff together for the walk out and its dark now and I see a light shining through the trees from a walking trail above me. No big deal hey its public. He has no idea I am there and continues down the path which leads to the property line and goes out of site in the private. I walked back to my truck and went home.

Next time I hunted this area I got down and started out without my light at first to see if my buddy with the light showed up and sure enough there he was on the same trail again. This time I turned on my head lamp and walked out never thinking about the other guy. Half way back to the truck which is about 1.5 mile walk all together I look to my left and can see a light about 75 yards in. When I shined mine on him he turned his toward me. Now I am on a dirt road steady walking and he has fallowed me a half mile or more through thick woods and kept up with me. Once again I shook it off and finished off my walk got to my truck and went home.

Now last night I will never forget. I hunted seen one little deer and got down and started walking out in the dark with no headlamp. Got to about the same spot as other two times and sure enough I see that light. It was an old looking light. Had a orange tent to it like the old school flashlights had. He is moving so slow and my mind is thinking crazy things like what if he has thermal imaging and he is actually out here night hunting. About that time I step on a stick and CRACK. His light goes black. O crap he knows I'm hear now. I reach for my pistol and I don't have one in the chamber so I go to rack it and my clip falls out. Yes it did. Hands and knees feeling around and ok got it. With one in the chamber I decide to just turn my light on and get out of here. Turned mine on started walking and looked to my left and there he was light on walking step for step with me. my path and his meet ahead about 100 yards and I decide I will just talk to this guy. I get to were they meet and he is no where around.

Ok I am out of here. I start fast walking on the road leading to my truck. I just had to look to my left and my heart dropped there was his light in the thick wood keeping up with me. I would walk a bit turn my head and there he is. After a few more looks I didn't see the light any more. Started feeling a little relief till I looked closer and could see the glass from his light that was off shinning back at me from my headlamp. We went step for step for over half a mile. I even started yelling whats your problem man. I honestly thought this is it. I didn't want to shoot the guy but yes it crossed my mind. Got to my truck and flew out of there.

Any idea what or why someone would do this. I am going back today and put up a few cell cameras. You can bet I will be out of there way before dark.
Not gonna lie.. I'd be freaking out too. In the middle of nowhere, dark, and no one but a light in sight is scary. I bet there's little to no cell phone reception either to call for backup.. That's why I always keep a sidearm on me. Even when rifle hunting! Glad you were able to get out of there!

buckpasser

Maybe a jack-o-lantern or will-o-the-wisp.

buckpasser

It would be interesting to outspook the spooker. Maybe bring a Roman candle or twelve next time, or play a loud song over a Bluetooth speaker. Maybe pretend to be in a death match with a bear. Make it interesting.

Latest posts