Ghost story

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
There are some good entertaining haint stories on this board from over the years.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I found this ghost from Christmas past!

anna-nicole-xmas-gif.gif

Merry Christmas yall!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Even though I like ghost stories and I want to believe them, I have unfortunately educated myself in the history and lore of most of the ghost stories in SE GA. What I have found is origin stories often involve substance use, a superstitious upbringing, or attention seeking behavior.

Even the only first hand account of a ghost or spirit I had ever heard began with “I was sitting on my porch drinking whiskey.”

Like so many other paranormal situations, folks will say that if you don’t believe in it to begin with then you will never see it. Pretty convenient if you ask me. A lot like religions. :rolleyes:

I live in a 120 year old house. When I walk around in it, the floors creak. The house groans when the wind blows a bit. Sometimes, I just hear a loud snapping noise in the middle of the night….or middle of the day.

Once for a period of several weeks we kept blowing a breaker on a certain circuit in the house. It was an AFCI so I figured it was getting tired. I replaced it and it continued to randomly pop off for a few weeks whenever we hit a light switch on that circuit. Then one day, it stopped without me doing anything and has been fine ever since. That was 3 years ago. All that is to say that old buildings have funny problems that can cause funny noises. Electrical problems are wide and varied and sometimes don’t make sense at first.

I have seen strange seemingly supernatural things even but at least in my own head, I can justify them as being an anomaly.

If I had a superstitious upbringing I would interpret these things much differently.

“Haunted” places like the Allegheny Lunatic Asylum have made big business on keeping the stories alive and as such would discourage any critical analyses of the haunting a that occur there. TV programs do not count unfortunately for the same reasons. That wouldn’t stop me from going there still. As I said, I like the stories.
Sounds like you don’t want to believe them. the op’s story didn’t start out with drinking whiskey on the porch, or substance abuse and @buckpasser aint looking for attention. I’ll agree that many stories are hogwash from wasted attention seekers, but not all of them. @SarahFair has some doozies too, but I’ve listened to her on many subjects for years now and I don’t think she falls into those cats either.
Anywho, i Believe everything has an explanation. It’s the explanation that many won’t believe, even if it’s really what happened. I don’t doubt the OPs story a bit.